Camera crashing all the time!

Staale

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
After i upgraded to Nougat my camera started to crash all the time. sometimes it does not start at all and other times it just freezes the phone and it reboots. I have tried to start the phone in safe mode and then the camera works. I would therefore think that it is a software problem rather than a hardware problem with the phone. I have then tried to uninstall a number of the apps i have on the phone to check if any of the apps would make the camera crash. So far i have not been able to figure out i any other app interfere with the camera app as it does not work properly. For some time i thought it was snapchat as the camera started to work after i uninstalled the app, however that did not last. Any idea what i can do next. My phone is out of warranty so any replacement is not an option.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If it's fine in Safe mode, then a third party app is causing it to crash. I would purge every app you installed on the phone and slowly add them back until you find the culprit.

Staale

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean by that? I have tried all that I can, including downgrading the phone to Marshmallow, but nothing works. It is getting so frustrating that I am about to give up on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance