Nexus 5X or Moto G4 Plus?

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm not so worried about that--obviously all phones have strengths and weaknesses. It's more about the fact that I've heard about widespread issues with all the phones I'm considering. Makes it hard to pull the trigger.

vVick3d

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
The great thing about any issues with the 5x is that Google is actively working to fix them. And if it's battery life your issue just remember this phone has fast charging to top up quick.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The great thing about any issues with the 5x is that Google is actively working to fix them.
You mean like they're actively working to fix the problems I and others have had with Android Wear and Google Now?
rolleyes.gif

Yeah... maybe better than Leovorola, but, not anything about which I would be writing home to mom.

And if it's battery life your issue just remember this phone has fast charging to top up quick.
Which won't do you a darn bit of good if you're out in the middle of nowhere with no chargers at hand.

I'd take the 5X over a Moto 4G, but, let us not make Google and Android out to be something they provably are not.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I suppose if you wear an Android watch and use Google Now and want to use both then the Nexus 5x is a problem. Or, if you for some reason can't take a battery pack to recharge whatever you're screw if you are where there is no electricity but there is cell coverage. I suppose if all that applies you should consider something else. None of that applies to me, though, so I'm happy with my Nexus 5x. Which, considering the prices of the new line of Pixel phones is a good thing for me.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I may have spoken too soon - I only got from midnight to 8am on my last battery charge. I'm not sure what the problem is suddenly. I shouldn't have jinxed myself. :/

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 87% after 7 hours. Moderate use. I don't watch videos or stream music all day. Several email accounts including work Twitter, texting, Crackberry, etc.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No games, no streaming music, virtually no videos, and no social media. I text, use my dictionary, occasionally read with my Kindle app, recieve email and occasionally send, and take photos. I turn my phone off when I go to bed at night and turn it on in the morning. I easily go two days without a charge and could probably do three or a bit more.

I had a problem with my Nexus 5 and the battery was draining rapidly when I wasn't using the phone. It took a while to isolate a music downloading site that was apparently constantly trying to "call home." I uninstalled that app and cleared my system cache and the battery went back to normal.

When people talk about battery life and don't mention use it's not particularly useful.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Moderate use for me means Tapatalk, some emailing and texting, some web surfing or look ups, notes app, moderate YouTube - look ups, streaming short videos, that's about it.

Actually, I do have a Solitaire app which is kind of heavy/bloated. It's a really good app except for being stifled with ads after every game, and no ad free version of it exists yet. I think that may be what caused the battery drain. I'll have to test it to see.

And I use Twitter, too.

Last edited:

Ripley

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh! Thanks so much been trying to decide for my friends son he's a pure android geek ..but unfortunately we don't have the budget for either a Pixel or the Nexus 6p
I had the first gen moto and I loved it
I now have the s7 edge but he won't consider any type of Samsung device! ...so I suggested the moto g4 its within budget and from my own experience with moto you can't really go wrong then we saw that the Nexus 5x had fallen in price but I have no experience with any Nexus devices
So I've been doing a bit of digging and even from the die hard "Android" fan between the 2 moto seems to be the way to go