update 7.1.1

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 arrived about 1 hour ago - plugged it in - hooked up to Wireless and it showed a 1171.5 mb update download - could this be 7.1.1 - it is one big update:)

OT - progress bar stuck under U in download update - modem indicates some activity - my 1st Google phone so not sure what to expect.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine clearly said it's part of the Beta program. I don't believe Nexus 5 phones will get Android 7 but Nexus 5x, will.

zambi82

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I installed it last night. Runs smooth. No noticable battery increase. I like the app shortcut feature and new call screen. You can also fit an extra tile when you pull down the settings quick access as they moved the edit button.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The update killed "Ok Google" always on for me. I could move the switch to on, but it would instantly turn off.

Is it working for others?

NOLATechy

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Joined BETA program and installed 7.1.1. Immediately cancelled the program and went back to 7.0. Why? Because I seriously injured my hands in an accident and have a conditional REQUIREMENT to use "OK Google" verbal activation when my phone is locked and screen is off. I need to be able to make calls and send text messages with little to no use of my hands. This would not work on 7.1.1. I'm sure it's probably because it's in BETA, but I can't do without "OK Google" from the lock screen! I MUST be able to unlock and use my phone by voice. I'm hoping this is just because it's in BETA, because of Google takes this away from Nexus devices (to support their Pixel brand), I'll have to buy an iPhone or go back to my Windows Phone.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it and having the same issue, though i don't use the always on feature. I can understand how this would benefit some people. Hope it's fixed in the next update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv