Wifi Connect Option Button Wont work

briguy2016

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello I recently just got a Nexus 5x, and I am having Wi-fi problems. When i set up the phone it connected to my home wi-fi fine. The problem is when I am at school, it is able to find the wireless network. The network requires a pass word, when I put the password in the option to press "connect" wont allow me to press it. The "connect" option button is gray-ed out so I cannot click it.

PLEASE HELP cannot find the solution anywhere !

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello I recently just got a Nexus 5x, and I am having Wi-fi problems. When i set up the phone it connected to my home wi-fi fine. The problem is when I am at school, it is able to find the wireless network. The network requires a pass word, when I put the password in the option to press "connect" wont allow me to press it. The "connect" option button is gray-ed out so I cannot click it.

PLEASE HELP cannot find the solution anywhere !

Is it possible your schools WIFI is running an older router? Like Wireless B? If that is the case, and their router is set to WIRELESS B ONLY Or it is a Wireless N router, and your school has it set to Wireless B only.
That is my only thought in this case.

spinach1947

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I ran into a similar problem. I entered the guest network from my Netgear router. When I put in the pw the connect button would not activate (grayed out). I kept trying and accidentally put in an extra digit on one try, which made the pw 8 characters long. When i did that the connect button activated. So I thought maybe I could outsmart the tablet by putting a space after the actual 7 digit pw. Again doing so activated the connect button. I pressed Done and it said it connected. It showed on the top of the screen and in the Network list in the Options as connected. However, I could not do anything with the internet successfully. Whenever I put in an URL it would display a Dllink screen asking for a pw. I eventually put in the main Netgear network name with a longer pw and it worked fine. It's like the Note won't accept anything less than an 8 digit pw. Any workarounds besides my insecure way? Thanks.

briguy2016

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Length of password wont allow the connect button to be pressed. I tried adding the network manually. It will allow me to connect to wireless connections without passwords. However networks that are 802.1 x EAP the type of wi-fi connection my school has (not sure what that is but requires a username and password) wont allow me to add it or even attempt to connect to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463