Nexus 5x

vlad91

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,really in need of advice or solution!!

I have problems with volume buttons on my nexus 5x. they do work when I screensave but they stopped having any connection with volume

another problem is when I call or someone is calling me sometimes a person on the other side hear himself speak

I thank you in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that they work when you screensave? You mean when you take a screenshot? Since screenshots require the Vol Down button only, it's possible that only the Vol Up is faulty. (I'm guessing your volume is stuck at silent, so you can't tell that the Vol Down button still works.)

For the second issue, do you mean that the person on the other side hears echos? Do you have a case on? If so, take it off and see if the problem persists.

vlad91

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
oh my bad,I did mean screanshots. and about a Vol Down button it also doesnt have any link to volume. I mean if i do raise volume manually down button doesnt make any change

I will try without a case but why is that? case is very important to me since I want to keep my phone safe..

Thank you for your reply! waiting to hear more :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange -- as I mentioned before, I would have expected the Vol Up not to work, since you're able to take screenshots by pressing Power and Vol Down. When you say that you can raise the volume manually, are you using the Vol Up button, or the onscreen volume slider?

I've seen posts about cases causing echos, perhaps by interfering with the secondary noise-cancelling mic (which is usually on the top edge of the phone). The easiest thing to try is to remove the case during one of those calls. But if the other person is the one hearing echos, ask them if they have a case on and if so, to remove it.