5X failure (screen) 2 weeks after warranty expiration?

sl_austin

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Wondering if others are experiencing hardware failure shortly after warranty expired?

I bought my first 5X from Google Play store in December 2015. May 2016 had to be issued a replacement, due to failure of the original unit. Now the replacement failed (screen died). Called Google, only to be told that warranty expired 2 weeks ago, nothing they could do. Phone is in pristine condition, never dropped. The general 'we won't do anything to help' attitude from Google has me wondering if others have similar experiences with their Nexus devices?

Thx, S

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Wondering if others are experiencing hardware failure shortly after warranty expired?

I bought my first 5X from Google Play store in December 2015. May 2016 had to be issued a replacement, due to failure of the original unit. Now the replacement failed (screen died). Called Google, only to be told that warranty expired 2 weeks ago, nothing they could do. Phone is in pristine condition, never dropped. The general 'we won't do anything to help' attitude from Google has me wondering if others have similar experiences with their Nexus devices?

Thx, S
Did you buy it direct from Google? I've just had issues with my 5X boot looping and bricking after the 7.1.1 update. The device was just over a year old.

Google told me to do one so I took it to Carphone Warehouse where I bought it and they fixed it because apparently Google products have a 2 year warranty......