Experiment with 5x

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 7 plus and I have a mint condition Nexus 5x on its way this week I bought on Swappa. I got the iPhone on the upgrade program and I hate owing money on a phone. Period. Plus my fascination with Android is still here. I am in the return window for the IP7plus, so I am playing with the idea of returning it and just staying with a $215 phone for a bit. Am I crazy as hell??

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not at all. Out of those two devices, I like the 5X more personally, but the 7+ is also pretty awesome. If it were any 2015/2016 device that wasn't a Nexus or Pixel I'd say stick with the iPhone, but if you're just hanging out until you see what's coming out this fall, the 5X will continue to be great until at least this fall.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a few family members with iPhone 7's, and personally owned a 5x. I'd recommend caution in the area that the 5x will feel very cheap with the build materials and in hand feel.

Everything it does it does fairly well and I never experienced anything short of it running perfectly on Android 6.0.1 and 7.0. The battery life is one of those solid days worth but never more.

Curious, what phones are on your radar? Are you planning on keeping the 5x for a year or less?

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a few family members with iPhone 7's, and personally owned a 5x. I'd recommend caution in the area that the 5x will feel very cheap with the build materials and in hand feel.

Everything it does it does fairly well and I never experienced anything short of it running perfectly on Android 6.0.1 and 7.0. The battery life is one of those solid days worth but never more.

Curious, what phones are on your radar? Are you planning on keeping the 5x for a year or less?

Funny thing, it did feel cheap and I sold it and returned my 7plus. I'm using an S7 I've had for a bit. I have the LG G6, the Note 8 and Pixel 2 on my radar. A friend told me to get a Moto Z Droid, says it's a great phone. Who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674