Usb c - hdmi

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

Can anyone recommend a cable that I could plug into my phone and then project my screen to my HDMI TV?

Or would I need some sort of adapter in between the two? Not really that savvy with it and could do with some advice.

Thanks in advance!

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi.

Can anyone recommend a cable that I could plug into my phone and then project my screen to my HDMI TV?

Or would I need some sort of adapter in between the two? Not really that savvy with it and could do with some advice.

Thanks in advance!

I use a Chromecast to project my phone or tablet to my TV. The Chromecast works great at home but if you need to do presentations or something the cable approach would probably be the better way to go.

If you want to go the cable route Amazon has a bunch of USB C to HDMI adapters and cables.

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I use a Chromecast to project my phone or tablet to my TV. The Chromecast works great at home but if you need to do presentations or something the cable approach would probably be the better way to go.

If you want to go the cable route Amazon has a bunch of USB C to HDMI adapters and cables.
Yeah I've got a Chromecast but the app I'm using isn't compatible with it. Also the cast button in the status bar doesn't work.

Do I just need a cable or some other decide between the phone and the cable?

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the Google Home app? If so then you should be able to cast anything on your phone to the TV. I do this with my tablet all the time. This also works the same with my 5X. When I cast whatever's​ on my screen at the time shows up on the TV. Doesn't matter which app I happen to be using.

I haven't used any cables but like I said Amazon has a bunch of them. It would have to be a USB C to HDMI cable. I also don't know if the 5X supports that hardware wise.

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Are you using the Google Home app? If so then you should be able to cast anything on your phone to the TV. I do this with my tablet all the time. This also works the same with my 5X. When I cast whatever's​ on my screen at the time shows up on the TV. Doesn't matter which app I happen to be using.

I haven't used any cables but like I said Amazon has a bunch of them. It would have to be a USB C to HDMI cable. I also don't know if the 5X supports that hardware wise.
The app I'm using won't let me cast to my TV at all. It blocks all attempts no matter how much I try.

I bought a USB C - HDMI adaptor and tried to connect it that way but it didn't work. My phone didn't give me any other option than to charge the device or transfer files.

I've since read somewhere (maybe Reddit or XDA) that you can't connect the 5X to a TV with a cable. So think I'm going to give up and just watch it on my phone!

Thanks for all your input through guys. I appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000