Re: Nexus 6?

Big picture of the photo:

BpYow-CIUAApQgZ.png:large

Original tweet: https://twitter.com/Android/status/474611632820477952/photo/1

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I love the look and feel of my Nexus 5 more than any other phone I have owned. The only thing I don't like is the camera. If they can improve that and not have "another" subpar Nexus camera I would be thrilled! And a good burst mode please! I have running and jumping twins I would like to "catch"!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

LightaDroid

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
That would be awesome if it was the N6..
But I'm happy with my N5
And I'll wait for Google silver line.

Posted from Google Nexus 5

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
So what is the difference between the Silver line and the Nexus line? Is the Silver line basically going to be Google Play Editions of phones?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So what is the difference between the Silver line and the Nexus line? Is the Silver line basically going to be Google Play Editions of phones?

No one really has any ideas at this point. Rumors point to silver devices being contracted phones similar to Nexus devices, but with no compromises and not the profit margin less price point.

But the whole program is a rumor and may not even exist, so you know...

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that I don't like about Silver devices is that they might be sold in carrier stores "with minimal carrier bloat" according to a few articles I read. If that ends up being true it will be really disappointing. I would hate to see Google buckle like that unless the Nexus continues to be sold as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that I don't like about Silver devices is that they might be sold in carrier stores "with minimal carrier bloat" according to a few articles I read. If that ends up being true it will be really disappointing. I would hate to see Google buckle like that unless the Nexus continues to be sold as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

I don't mind the carrier bloat because that can usually be disabled. I wonder about the quality of the devices and the price. If they are going to come with the top of the line specs and build materials, then I will be ok with paying what I would pay for other devices. But if it is like the Nexus, but costs the same as an M8 or S5, then I would be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm gonna guess fake since the nav buttons don't match the recently revealed design changes

I don't think it's a phone at all (consumer available device now or in the future), but just a render meant to show off that aspect of Chrome.

Sicily1918

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
According to the earlier articles, the Silver program's "minimal bloat" was supposed to also be 100% user-uninstallable, meaning you might have to go through and kill off maybe 10 apps, but then they'd actually be deleted.

Let's all hope...

senior_chupon

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So if this turns out to be true, what do you all think are the odds of Verizon carrying this phone? I am still on my aging GNex and since the N4 wasn't for me and the N5 wasn't an option I am really hoping VZW carries this. I am really itching to upgrade to something newer but if this doesn't come to VZW I don't know what phone I want to get.

I need something that can run AOKP and I will be paying full price.

philosopherisdog

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
So if this turns out to be true, what do you all think are the odds of Verizon carrying this phone? I am still on my aging GNex and since the N4 wasn't for me and the N5 wasn't an option I am really hoping VZW carries this. I am really itching to upgrade to something newer but if this doesn't come to VZW I don't know what phone I want to get.

I need something that can run AOKP and I will be paying full price.

I just recently switched from a GNEX to the LGG2 (after a brief tryout of the S5) and I am loving the G2.

I rooted it and did a couple of tweaks (no rom) and I can see myself using it for a long time. It is a great phone.

Flow39

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I would love a Nexus 6! Too bad it doesn't get the leaks and rumors of an Apple product. They deserve more publicity :)

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

My opinion only but i think the Nexus 6 and Nexus going forward will continue to be more a developer phone with decent, but not the best specs with good prices and the Silver will be flagship Google phones.