Nexus 6/Shamu by Motorola?

JulesJam

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
well I am in for sure if they release it on Verizon.

I don't like the metal edge on my moto x and I really want the stereo speakers. I like the larger size, too. I had a Note3 before the moto x and would have kept it but the radios sucked, touchwiz sucked, the bootloader couldn't be unlocked and the verizon dev ed note3 never materialized. So the N6 is exactly what I am looking for.

About when is it coming to verizon?

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
@happasaiyan
you've had hands on with the N6 and X+1. Can you compare the sizes (overall and screen)? Does the N6 have the voice control features of the X?

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
@happasaiyan
you've had hands on with the N6 and X+1. Can you compare the sizes (overall and screen)? Does the N6 have the voice control features of the X?
I haven't seen them at the same time. When Moto gives my friend a new one, they take the old one back (typically). Overall, the N6 is massive. Seriously, it's huge. Way bigger than the X+1. Would not doubt if it was 6", though I wouldn't be able to tell 5.9" from 6" (or even 5.7" for that matter) from the eye test alone. All I know is, I picked it up and instantly thought to myself, "man this thing is huge."

For the screen itself, it looked nice enough to me. I'm not a screen snob, though.

I assume it will not have the voice features of the X, though I don't know for sure. I do know that, at least at this point in time, it does not have active notifications. It had the standard Android L "active notifications" where it just pulses the whole screen when you have notifications.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The Shamu/Nexus 5.9 inch phone is not going to be the next Nexus 6. Latest evidence shows the Nexus 6 will be a 5.2 inch powered by the 805 snapdragon, which seems right. via AnTuTu

JulesJam

Banned
Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
AnTuTu said:
今天有媒体报道称,GFXBench上出现了代号Shamu的机型,或许它就是传闻中的Nexus 6。现在安兔兔也在后台数据库中发现了这款产品,亮点多多。

具体配置方面,该机搭载了一块5.2英寸2560×1440分辨率显示屏,采用四核2.7GHz骁龙805处理器(APQ8084),内置3GB内存,提供一颗210万像素前置摄像头和一颗1300万像素后置摄像头,运行Android L操作系统。

该机最早出现在安兔兔数据库的时间为8月1日,制造商显示为摩托罗拉。不过遗憾的是它的安兔兔总分只有33417,表现一般,符合摩托罗拉以及谷歌Nexus系列的惯例(从来不做任何优化)。

从整体配置上来看,除摄像头之外,该机的其它配置基本上是目前Android手机的巅峰。尤其是5.2英寸2K分辨率显示屏只有韩版Gaalxy S5 LTE-A能够与之争锋,也许这会是下一代旗舰机的标配

I copied and pasted the chinese text above from here into google translate and this is what it says:

Google Translate said:
Today, there are media reports that there has been code-named Shamu models on GFXBench, perhaps it is the rumors of Nexus 6. Now back-end database security Bunny also found this product, highlights a lot.

Specific configuration, the aircraft is equipped with a 5.2 inches 2560 × 1440 resolution display, quad-core 2.7GHz Snapdragon 805 processor (APQ8084), the built-in 3GB of memory, providing a 2.1 million pixel front camera and a 1300 megapixel rear camera, running Android L operating system.

The aircraft first appeared in time for database security Bunny August 1, the manufacturer appears as Motorola. But unfortunately it's only 33,417 security Bunny scores, in general, in line with Motorola and conventions (never do any optimization) Google Nexus series.

From the overall configuration point of view, in addition to cameras, other configurations of the machine is basically the pinnacle of current Android phones. Especially 2K resolution display is only 5.2 inches Korean Gaalxy S5 LTE-A can contend with, maybe this will be the standard next-generation flagship machine.

Last edited:

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, however your evidence is not proof either. Telling me "The Shamu/Nexus 5.9 inch phone is not going to be the next Nexus 6" is speaking in an absolute that you do not have proof for.

First of all it's not "my" evidence, it's what showed up on the benchmark site.

Secondly this is a rumor thread. I think most people here know anything posted has no more validity then when someone says, "The SF Giants are totally going to win their next game."

You're taking this way to seriously.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
he says he is not posting rumors rather that he has seen/held the devices.

So?

This isn't a thread about who's "held a device" which he doesn't even have any proof of. But even if we take him at his word that he's held a prototype of something, this thread is supposed to be about the phone that will be the next Nexus 6. I've been invited by companies and beta testers many times to check out prototype smartphones and hold them in my hand to play with them, I can confidently say they don't always pan out they way you think.

Everything is a rumor until it's made official by the company.

Taking anyone's word as the gospel without any other evidence is pretty thin.

Last edited:

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hands on with shamu today. Absolutely massive. It will definitely be the best built nexus yet. Design wise, it's pretty much a bigger x+1 but with not as good materials (no metal edge), and stereo speakers.

Tell your friend there is nothing good about a six inch phone and to make it smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech