Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440

ballerintheair

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay if anything through "history" we've seen Google jump up by a few increments every time.. (Nexus 4) 4.7inch (nexus 5) 4.95". So it makes sense why nexus 6 is going of be 5.2" the naming doesn't equal screen size, just bc its nexus 6 DOESN'T HAVE to equal 5.9". I wouldn't mind it personally only if they had like no bezels bc 6" phone is just ridiculous, note 3 is the max I would go for phablet, don't know how many of you held that Sony 6" phone or that Hwauii one, they are just ridiculous and unusable in so many situations. And if I were u guys, I would be more worried about battery and RAM, mostly battery bc that will win or break a lot of people on this device. Since companies like oppo, one plus, moto can have cheaper phone with good battery life I think pressure is on Google to do better. Especially since nexus 4 & 5 had pretty bad batteries, me personally if the battery on the new nexus sucks I'm going to etiehr go get a note 4 or moto X+1 or oppo 7.

Posted via the Android Central App

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
With all these 5.2, 5.9 rumors. What if the moto nexus was a moto maker device? Nexus devices seem to sell in low enough volume to make it doable were not talking customizing 10million Galaxy S5's

torloth

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't think if there is a "Nexus branded" Moto X(+1/2) would be on the MotoMaker. As cool as that would be. We didn't even get access to MotoMaker here in Canada even the moto X was only on 2 carriers up here. I pretty sure the nexus 5 was on all carriers...

Posted via Android Central App

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Whatever size the n6 is, I expect it to be a little bigger than the rumored "smaller" iP6 and a little smaller than the rumored "larger" iP6.

Regardless, a 5.9" Nexus phone would narrow the market far too much, unless skinny-jeans went out of fashion and cargo pants became all the rage or fanny packs could come into fashion and extend the fashion lifespan of skinny-jeans.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon already had a Nexus. And yes the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon is still a Nexus.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

It was. And the frustration of that experience is why today I've owned two more Nexus devices and haven't been on Verizon since. And that change (and money savings) trickled down to nearly a dozen friends and family. Verizon's actions have consequences.
[Inappropriate language removed by moderators],

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
While I want to believe it, at this point my head is spinning so I'll just wait for the google announcement.
Agreed. It seems like every few days a leak comes out with different specs. I'll just wait and see when it is announced. But I do like the 5.2 screen. But since the future of phones is 64bit, (soon) I really hope it's 64.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So it makes sense why nexus 6 is going of be 5.2" the naming doesn't equal screen size, just bc its nexus 6 DOESN'T HAVE to equal 5.9".

Google doesn't own the rights to the name Nexus 6. It will have to be called something else. Rumor has it that it will be called Nexus X. I don't care what it's called, the Nexus experience is awesome.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. It seems like every few days a leak comes out with different specs. I'll just wait and see when it is announced. But I do like the 5.2 screen. But since the future of phones is 64bit, (soon) I really hope it's 64.

Sites like Phonearena who supposedly have sources within Motorola have claimed that the 5.9" is more or less set in stone.

I would have preferred 5.2, but whatever. As long as it's a nice screen, somewhat comfortable to use with one hand and good battery life, it'll be an improvement over the Nexus 5.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Google doesn't own the rights to the name Nexus 6. It will have to be called something else. Rumor has it that it will be called Nexus X. I don't care what it's called, the Nexus experience is awesome.

No one owns the rights to "Nexus 6." Nexus-6" is a name used in a science fiction book, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, and the movie based on it, Bladerunner. But that's not trademarked, and copyright law wouldn't prevent the name from being used in a different context. It would probably prevent Google from getting a trademark on the name, but that's all.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Interesting PhoneArena article. Not at my post count to post links, so I quoted the entire article..

Would be great to get a new 5.2" Nexus phone. I've had it with the size of my Note 3 and no intentions on getting the Note 4. A 5.9" Nexus phone is out if the question for me. Hopefully this article is true... and if so, great news! Thanks for sharing.

Posted via Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Didn't the family to the "Blade Runner" estate sue Google back with the Nexus One? If I am not mistaken they tried to sue with the idea it would eventually get to Nexus 6? regardless of any copyright or trademark's it appears they will at least take Google to court if they call it Nexus 6... I think the Nexus X rumors probably are more accurate just to avoid a stupid lawsuit....

I really hope they do throw out a 5.9 inch Nexus... It would make a lot of sense to offer both a 5.2 and 5.9.... The Nexus line isn't as much a developers reference device as it was with the Nexus One.... it's not as main stream as the Galaxy line from Samsung or the iPhone from Apple but it's become more of a retail device now... So two different models and sizes would make some kind of sense.... I've personally been considering the Note line just for the size... but with a 5.9 inch Nexus I'd dump my Nexus 7 tablet and just use the phone for everything.. I just hope it has wireless charging built in... With the N5 and N7 I have 3 wireless chargers (2 for home and 1 for work) I don't know if I could go back to actually "Plugging my phone" in again...

cargo pants became all the rage

I like my cargo pants.... lol....

ballerintheair

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If it made by Motorola they might as well call it the "Nexus Droid" Nexus X doesn't make sense. Just like how few generations back it was called Galaxy Nexus.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If it made by Motorola they might as well call it the "Nexus Droid" Nexus X doesn't make sense. Just like how few generations back it was called Galaxy Nexus.

Verizon licenses the DROID name from Lucasfilm. Unless a "Nexus Droid" was coming to Verizon exclusively, they wouldn't use that name at all.

anon(6022857)

May 23, 2013
Visit site

I was thinking about the name Nexus X. It kind of makes sense if it is a phablet sized device. "X" as in crossover between phone and tablet. Just a thought...

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
While I want to believe it, at this point my head is spinning so I'll just wait for the google announcement. Hopefullt it happens by mid October. If the 5.2" rumor is true, it'll be interesting to see the differences between this and the X+1 which is also supposedly a 5.2" device (abet with rumored lesser specs).
It's simple if you know anything about how Nexus phones work. I have owned all of them aside from the first one. The Nexus phones hardware are always gimped and slightly lacking compared to the actual flagship device made by the same company during the same year. The manufacturer is not going to make a Nexus device that is better than their own flagship.

Of course it will also have stand out features that set it apart and to showcase the latest of Android.

So this rumor seems adequate if true, such as the 1440p IPS screen. But you can also expect that it won't have the best camera or big battery, two aspects that are always lacking for all past Nexus.

PFKMan23

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It's simple if you know anything about how Nexus phones work. I have owned all of them aside from the first one. The Nexus phones hardware are always gimped and slightly lacking compared to the actual flagship device made by the same company during the same year. The manufacturer is not going to make a Nexus device that is better than their own flagship.

Of course it will also have stand out features that set it apart and to showcase the latest of Android.

So this rumor seems adequate if true, such as the 1440p IPS screen. But you can also expect that it won't have the best camera or big battery, two aspects that are always lacking for all past Nexus.

I for the most part, but like you said, the hardware isn't go to be as good as the company's own flagship, so I'm doubting that if there's a 5.2" device in the works that it will be 1440p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital