Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Default Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440

Finally the Moto Shamu 5.9" "phablet" rumor has been squashed! Specs look pretty sick! I was thinking I may keep my beloved N5 this year and get the Moto 360 and Nexus 8/9, but I doubt I'll be able to resist this one. I can haz all three, right?! Pumped What do you all think?
    Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440-google-shamu.jpg

Souces:
    疑似Nexus 6现身数据库:搭载Android L - 资讯 - 安兔兔官方网站
    Nexus 6 flaunts Snapdragon 805 on AnTuTu - GSMArena.com news
    Thanked by:
    xxjoStaxx likes this.

Default re: Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440

While I want to believe it, at this point my head is spinning so I'll just wait for the google announcement. Hopefullt it happens by mid October. If the 5.2" rumor is true, it'll be interesting to see the differences between this and the X+1 which is also supposedly a 5.2" device (abet with rumored lesser specs).

Global Posts
    6,963 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

These totally disagree with the specs that the same site just reported. Screen size and resolution, processor and software all disagree.

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

The Moto N6 is definitely not 5.2"

I would say it's just about 6". It's massive.
    Thanked by 3:
    Orion78Ry 
    Ry and Orion78 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Quote Originally Posted by happasaiyan View Post

Do you have anything better than this Antutu benchmark to support that? Why on earth would you think the next Nexus phone is 6"?! I'll bet you the entire farm that doesn't happen
    Thanked by:
    tr-1, ErnstMach and haikallp like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Spock View Post
    These totally disagree with the specs that the same site just reported. Screen size and resolution, processor and software all disagree.

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.
    Today is a new day my friend. It's now being reported "this way" on dozens of sites. I just sourced the one I first used. I don't see how anyone remotely familiar with Google Nexus would think the next Nexus would make a HUGE jump from a 4.95" to a 5.9" screen. I still doubt it will be a Moto/Lenovo made device. I still believe LG will make it and it will be based on the G3 (the newest Korean G3 w/ 805 that is) with a slightly smaller screen/footprint just like the N5 was to the G2. 5.2" QHD fits that logic perfectly.
    Banned

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Will this be on Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Do you have anything better than this Antutu benchmark to support that? Why on earth would you think the next Nexus phone is 6"?! I'll bet you the entire farm that doesn't happen
    Yes. My eyes.
    Thanked by:
    Orion78 and Rizz1-2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesJam View Post
    Will this be on Verizon?
    I'm 99% sure I saw the Verizon 4G LTE status bar icon.
    Thanked by 2:

Today is a new day my friend. It's now being reported "this way" on dozens of sites. I just sourced the one I first used. I don't see how anyone remotely familiar with Google Nexus would think the next Nexus would make a HUGE jump from a 4.95" to a 5.9" screen. I still doubt it will be a Moto/Lenovo made device. I still believe LG will make it and it will be based on the G3 (the newest Korean G3 w/ 805 that is) with a slightly smaller screen/footprint just like the N5 was to the G2. 5.2" QHD fits that logic perfectly.
    Sorry to burst your bubble. It's going to be a Moto. And it's massive.
    Banned

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

I am pretty sure he is an insider. And if he is not and I am being fooled, well first world problems, huh?
    Rizz1-2 likes this.

I am pretty sure he is an insider. And if he is not and I am being fooled, well first world problems, huh?
    I wouldn't really call myself an insider. haha. I just have a friend who works for Motorola and knows I'm a huge tech geek, so he lets me check out all the new hotness.
    Banned

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

I wouldn't really call myself an insider. haha. I just have a friend who works for Motorola and knows I'm a huge tech geek, so he lets me check out all the new hotness.
    good enuf. keep the info coming.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Sorry to burst your bubble. It's going to be a Moto. And it's massive.
    Ohhhh riiiight you've held it. Oh and it's on Verizon, too?! Forgive me for not believing you...at all. Please feel free to expand on your personal encounter in some way that should be taken any more seriously than my opinion. I have no insider information, but I've had every Nexus device (sans N10 sadly), sift through all of the rumors almost daily, and that's plenty for me to call BS on your claim. There may very well be a 5.9" Moto device, but it's not going to be the next Nexus or they're making 3 devices (phone, phablet, tablet). There is literally no need for a phablet sized reference device from a developer standpoint, so why would Google make one? Just another vanilla Android form factor with a larger screen? That's what GPE devices are for (and soon Android Silver). They don't undercut Google's OEM partners.
    Thanked by 2:
    Ed Briggs and ErnstMach like this.

Ohhhh riiiight you've held it. Oh and it's on Verizon, too?! Forgive me for not believing you...at all. Please feel free to expand on your personal encounter in some way that should be taken any more seriously than my opinion. I have no insider information, but I've had every Nexus device (sans N10 sadly), sift through all of the rumors almost daily, and that's plenty for me to call BS on your claim. There may very well be a 5.9" Moto device, but it's not going to be the next Nexus or they're making 3 devices (phone, phablet, tablet). There is literally no need for a phablet sized reference device from a developer standpoint, so why would Google make one? Just another vanilla Android form factor with a larger screen? That's what GPE devices are for (and soon Android Silver). They don't undercut Google's OEM partners.
    Ok, buddy. It's your choice to believe me or not. No skin off my back if you don't.

Oh and btw, how much is your farm worth?
    Thanked by:
    Orion78 and ConTejas like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

or they're making 3 devices (phone, phablet, tablet).
    why isn't this believable to you? If the phablet has a stylus (which neither a phone nor a table has) then there is a need for developers to have a phablet to develop stylus apps and/or incorporate the use of a stylus into their apps.
    Banned

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

They don't undercut Google's OEM partners.
    Samsung is Google's largest OEM partner and the relationship between the two can hardly be considered a good one. Google bought motorola to get the patents so they could force samsung to behave better. Google's relationship with Samsung is not exactly your typical relationship between business partners.
    Brad Steele likes this.

why isn't this believable to you? If the phablet has a stylus (which neither a phone nor a table has) then there is a need for developers to have a phablet to develop stylus apps and/or incorporate the use of a stylus into their apps.
    N6 doesn't have a stylus currently. That's not to say they won't add one, but I would think that's highly unlikely.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Ok, buddy. It's your choice to believe me or not. No skin off my back if you don't.

Oh and btw, how much is your farm worth?
    Ha ok fair enough bud. Agree to disagree and we'll see how it all shakes out later this year. The farm is worth more than the barn! Cheers mate

Julesjam - It's very easy not to believe. I base my future predictions off of historical events and logic. All of which would lead one to believe the 5.2" QHD device in the Antutu benchmark above is a lot more likely to be the Nexus 6 or Google Shamu (not Moto mind you...that was pieced together in other "leaks"). The Notes have sold a few million devices, BUT it is very much still a niche market. Nexus phones are reference devices for the many millions of ~5" screen that dominate flagship sales. Last but not least, if I had a nickel for every man or woman that claims to have seen, used, or knew someone who knew someone else that somehow had non-public information about a device yet to be released...that turned out to be ENTIRELY false...I'd be worth a whole lot more nickels

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Nexus 6 Shows up as 5.2 inch, Snapdragon 805 Phone

The latest rumors show this phone is not going to be the massive Shamu sized phone that many thought.

Nexus 6 flaunts Snapdragon 805 on AnTuTu - GSMArena.com news
    Banned

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

The Notes have sold a few million devices, BUT it is very much still a niche market. Nexus phones are reference devices for the many millions of ~5" screen that dominate flagship sales.
    OK but I don't see why there can't be both a 5" nexus phone and a 6" nexus phablet. Consumers have increasingly shown an interest in bigger and bigger screens. Heck even Apple is finally giving in to a bigger screen.

Default Re: Nexus 6 Shows up as 5.2 inch, Snapdragon 805 Phone

Nice. Also based on the GFX Bench results , better to want the N6 and the OPO. I can't stand LG and Sammy phones and on the HTC the first thing I would want is S-Off.

Motorola Shamu (possible Nexus 6) gets benchmarked - GSMArena.com news

...and we'll see how it all shakes out later this year.
    Yep, we will.

I base my future predictions off of historical events and logic. All of which would lead one to believe the 5.2" QHD device in the Antutu benchmark above is a lot more likely to be the Nexus 6 or Google Shamu (not Moto mind you...that was pieced together in other "leaks").
    Side note. If you really want to get into historical events and logic, if there was a 5.2" Nexus coming out, it would be called the Nexus 5 (2014), not the Nexus 6.
    Brad Steele likes this.

Default Re: Benchmarks show Google Shamu as Snapdragon 805-powered, 5.2" 1440

Side note. If you really want to get into historical events and logic, if there was a 5.2" Nexus coming out, it would be called the Nexus 5 (2014), not the Nexus 6.
    Why is that?

I think Google would name the phone whatever they wanted and if they want to name it the Nexus 6, they would.

Also as for the Antutu leak, those things can be faked pretty easily and while this specs do sound great, it sounds more like an Android fan wish list rather than the legit specs of the phone.

I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast