Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By happasaiyan
  • 1 Post By happasaiyan
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,309 Global Posts
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola Moto S

will android silver devices have unlockable bootloaders?

ROM
    CM9 RC1

Default Moto S

This is a post from TK Tech News. Is it the first Android Silver device?

Moto S Confirmed Verizon Wireless Images, First Android Silver device? | TK Tech News

Posted via the Android Central App

That DPI and resolution would put the screen size at 4.6" ...that's not what I saw.
    Thanked by 3:
    Ry and unopepito06 like this.

Maybe it's just the silver device and not shamu. I don't know.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

I read an article that said motorola is manufacturing the nexus 6 with a 5.2" screen and that the Verizon variant will be known as the moto s instead of having the nexus name. Not sure if this is true, does anyone else know any different?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by 32gig View Post
    I read an article that said motorola is manufacturing the nexus 6 with a 5.2" screen and that the Verizon variant will be known as the moto s instead of having the nexus name. Not sure if this is true, does anyone else know any different?

And there's also articles stating 5.9. We have to wait and see.

Looks like an interesting device, whatever it ends up being.

If it does end up being an Android Silver device only available on a carrier, then I'll lose all interest for it.

I've used Motorola devices in the past, their RAZR and Droid phones and they have been absolutely horrible, so don't care for the company or their products. I get that Americans like them because they're an American company, but they make some horrendous products.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Looks like an interesting device, whatever it ends up being.

If it does end up being an Android Silver device only available on a carrier, then I'll lose all interest for it.

I've used Motorola devices in the past, their RAZR and Droid phones and they have been absolutely horrible, so don't care for the company or their products. I get that Americans like them because they're an American company, but they make some horrendous products.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    I agree Motorola has put out some questionable phones over the years but I can't name another company that hasn't put out some phone as bad or worse than Motorola. And I've tried just about all of the flagship phones from every maker in the last 5 years. Every single one had some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    I agree Motorola has put out some questionable phones over the years but I can't name another company that hasn't put out some phone as bad or worse than Motorola. And I've tried just about all of the flagship phones from every maker in the last 5 years. Every single one had some issues.

The only phone that I've heard of that had a somewhat positive user experience was the Moto X, but that was released only after Google had acquired Motorola, and gotten one of the Google guys to lead Motorola. So they would have had heavy Google influence.

From my experience and reading others experiences, all Motorola phones made solely by Motorola have been quite lackluster.

Kind of the reason why I'm very weary about this Motorola manufactured Nexus 6 rumour. If it does end up being true, I just wish Motorola don't get a single say in anything to do with the device. They just get the instructions from Google and make it. That's all.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

I get this sentiment. Having never run with one, I wouldn't feel qualified to say they make lackluster products, but up until last year I've yet to see a phone made by them that has made me even remotely consider buying one. The Moto X was the exception, but that came here far too late and at too high a cost.

However, I also remember having grave misgivings about LG running with the Nexus brand when it was first rumoured that they would be making the successor to the Gnex - I was wrong to be concerned; the Nexus 4 was a worthy daily driver for me, while the Nexus 5 has been, hands down, the best phone that I have owned.

I'm not too worried about who takes on the Nexus brand in the future, be it Motorola or another company, as I'm sure Google will continue to ensure that, for a certain type of customer, it is a great phone to own. Tbh I'm just grateful that they aren't (apparently) calling time on the Nexus line just yet; picking one up has become a bit of an annual ritual for me since getting the Gnex and one I would be sad to lose.

From my experience and reading others experiences, all Motorola phones made solely by Motorola have been quite lackluster.
    I loved my Droid X.

And don't forget the original Droid, which was very popular and which many people look back upon fondly.

ROM
    CM9 RC1

I really enjoyed the Motorola Droid. It was my first Android device.

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

My OG StarTAC and my Moto Photon 4G disagree.*

* My anger at Motorola for abandoning the MoPho doesn't detract from how much I liked the phone itself.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

The only phone that I've heard of that had a somewhat positive user experience was the Moto X, but that was released only after Google had acquired Motorola, and gotten one of the Google guys to lead Motorola. So they would have had heavy Google influence.

Kind of the reason why I'm very weary about this Motorola manufactured Nexus 6 rumour. If it does end up being true, I just wish Motorola don't get a single say in anything to do with the device. They just get the instructions from Google and make it. That's all.
    Don't forget the Moto G, which seems to be pretty much the best phone at the under $200 price point. Motorola, since the Google acquisition, has been making very good phones. They tend to have the best cell antennas of all cell phones and are running close to a pure Android. The one issue with their phones are the cameras, which are pretty mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    The one issue with their phones are the cameras, which are pretty mediocre.
    Exactly. The Moto X was one of my all time favorite phones. The only reason why I sold it was due solely to the camera.

Wait does this mean that the Nexus 6 could potentially be a Verizon exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by babin101 View Post
    Where did you get that idea from?

Does this mean that Shamu could be exclusively for Verizon?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,309 Global Posts

Does this mean that Shamu could be exclusively for Verizon?
    We don't know.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums