Is the Nexus 6 still on to be announced in September?

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I am kind of lost in the rumor mill as to when the Nexus 6 is to be released. Is it the same as last year that you can buy it at the end of September? Wonder if Nexus is going metallic colors or will they go with the same bright coloring but have different colors like Yellow?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I am kind of lost in the rumor mill as to when the Nexus 6 is to be released. Is it the same as last year that you can buy it at the end of September? Wonder if Nexus is going metallic colors or will they go with the same bright coloring but have different colors like Yellow?

..the Nexus 5 was announced and went on sale on October 31st, 2013.

Vic Rivera

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Look at the nexus 5. Looked like a really decent phone.

Only problem is that it looks like plastic.

Posted via Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Look at the nexus 5. Looked like a really decent phone.

Only problem is that it looks like plastic.

Posted via Android Central App

And it's the only phone that doesn't feel like it's going to slip out of my hand. It certainly doesn't feel cheap, if that is what you're implying.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
And it's the only phone that doesn't feel like it's going to slip out of my hand. It certainly doesn't feel cheap, if that is what you're implying.

Felt very cheap to me, especially when compared to the iPhone, HTC One, Xperia etc.

But it's a cheap phone so you can expect cheaper parts to be used for it.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Put a cover on a phone...and they all feel and look the same...At least from the back. Personally I only look at and care about the front of my phone. Have no idea why anyone would care what its made of. Unless you like stroking it or something. ;)

My N5 has held up perfectly in the 11 months I've had it. I only use my phones for a year and don't consider them treasures or anything. I think its a complete waste to use anything but plastic for a disposable item.

No release date for the N6 or any indication that there is one.

Posted via Serenity

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Put a cover on a phone...and they all feel and look the same...At least from the back. Personally I only look at and care about the front of my phone. Have no idea why anyone would care what its made of. Unless you like stroking it or something. ;)

Well I don't use cases for my phone, ever, so naturally the build/materials are the first thing I feel. It is nice to have a nice feeling phone. Something solid, premium etc.

I think its a complete waste to use anything but plastic for a disposable item.

I totally disagree there. I'd prefer if OEM's moved to more premium materials for their high-end devices. Feels better in the hand to me, and give off a premium/luxurious feel to them. If I'm paying $700 on a phone, I'd want to make sure it's as high-quality as they can make it.

All subjective, but holding the HTC One M8 is a completely different feeling from holding the Nexus 5

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
If I'm paying $700 on a phone, I'd want to make sure it's as high-quality as they can make it.

But that's Chex's point...you AREN'T paying $700 for a Nexus.
I actually kind of agree with both of you. While I do enjoy having a solid, "premium" feeling device, I understand I can't have that and only pay $350 or $400 off-contract. It's a trade-off...and the manufacturer's develop all sorts of ways to make a plastic body feel less...plastic.

Anyway...if I'm spending hundreds of dollars on a phone and plan on keeping it for two years, I'm putting a case on it. As careful as I am with my phone, there are always those moments when I'm in a hurry or trying to juggle or carry multiple items and the phone falls. My Otterbox has kept my Galaxy S3 in almost mint condition for almost two years. It ain't pretty, but it does its job well. Besides...nobody really ever looks at my phone and I never really look at anyone else's. Nobody really cares what your phone looks like.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd prefer they put the money into functional hardware and not aesthetics. I might like the looks of the m8, but I'd would have rather they dropped some of the money they put into that chassis into a good camera. If that shooter didn't suck, I might have bought it.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Rumor has it; now that the Nexus 6 will be 5.2" display manufacturer by Motorola, with Snapdragon 805, graphics processor - Adreno 420 GPU and QHD 2560 x 1440; 13MP camera on the back and a 2.1MP camera on the front. No word on battery size!

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I'd prefer they put the money into functional hardware and not aesthetics. I might like the looks of the m8, but I'd would have rather they dropped some of the money they put into that chassis into a good camera. If that shooter didn't suck, I might have bought it.

I could not agree with you more. I really liked the HTC One M8. Not only for its metal body but the overall user interface and experience of the phone. The camera is complete crap though. It is the only reason i did not buy it.

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Rumor has it; now that the Nexus 6 will be 5.2" display manufacturer by Motorola, with Snapdragon 805, graphics processor - Adreno 420 GPU and QHD 2560 x 1440; 13MP camera on the back and a 2.1MP camera on the front. No word on battery size!

Sounds good to me. Do you have a Link?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good to me. Do you have a Link?

Oh... these are just rumors based on some leaked benchmarking data that's all over the place.... To be honest, Google has done a pretty good job of keeping this thing on the DL.... I mean, no one is even certain if it's 5.2", or 5.9", or of Google might splash TWO Nexus phones at the Android L launch for all we know.

Still.... the rumors seem to be focusing on a SD805/420, 5.2" QHD device... which in Nexus form would be a formidable beast of a phone. I'm hoping that T-Mobile carries it. They carry the Nexus 5, but I am concerned that their new "All our phones will be Wi-Fi Calling capable" might be problematic as Google forbids carrier modifications to the Nexus lineup. But WFC could be supported natively in Android L, so I guess we'll find out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084