Is Shamu really the Moto S and completely different from the Nexus S?

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
gsmarena_002.jpg

There seems to be increasing evidence that Shamu may be the Moto S and NOT the Nexus X.

This would explain why there has been at least one sighting by happasaiyan of a 6" device, that may in fact be the Moto S. Separate leaks of a 5.2" device may in fact be the Nexus X(6), which is great news!

Last edited:

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
There have been reports of a 5.9 inch screen device being made by motorola, and Google would for sure never go that big. The shamus is probably the moto s or the droid turbo.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping for the HTC Nexus 6 rumor to be true now!

If that's true....OH BABY! HTC Nexus 9 and HTC Nexus 6 - the dream.

My favourite Android OEM running stock Android L. Sounds like a great partnership to me. And would go back to how HTC made the first Nexus device. Would be cool to see, but I'm not sure it'll happen. More rumours of Motorola making the Nexus than HTC.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's funny people keep referring to "happyasian", I thought it was happasaiyan. ;)

I think the whole idea behind the code-name "Shamu" was not only because it's a huge phone but it falls in line with the whole "seafaring creatures as code-names for Nexus factory images". Remember, "Shamu" came from an AOSP build number on a bug report submitted to Google for Android L.
Rumor: Motorola Is Working With Google On Shamu, A Possible Nexus Phone With A 5.9" Display

Still, that doesn't confirm anything for hardware specs nor does this new image. It is quite possible for Motorola to release their own non-Nexus Moto phablet (potentially a carrier variant?).

Speculation is still speculation. Hopefully it won't be long till we have something concrete!

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 138050

There seems to be increasing evidence that Shamu may be the Moto S and NOT the Nexus X.

This would explain why there has been at least one sighting by happasaiyan of a 6" device, that may in fact be the Moto S. Separate leaks of a 5.2" device may in fact be the Nexus X(6), which is great news!

I think you're grasping for straws here. When the rumor first broke out, information stated that it was running a Google built kernel...meaning it's NOT a non-Nexus device. Also, Nexus devices always used sea creatures for code names.

It will be great if there's two versions....5.2 and 5.9. For me, whether its the Nexus 6 or this rumored moto s.....I want the 5.9 inch screen. I just want some legit leaks already.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
There have been reports of a 5.9 inch screen device being made by motorola, and Google would for sure never go that big. The shamus is probably the moto s or the droid turbo.

Why would Google "For sure" never go that big? Considering Apple was rumored and finally showed us a 4.7 and 5.5 inch iPhone (plus was pretty much forced into the larger phone market) and Samsung has the Galaxy S and Note series.... Why wouldn't Google have a 5.2 (Which is pretty big to start with) and a 5.9? Would kind of make some sense for Google to at least put a limited production phablet device out there....

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think you're grasping for straws here. When the rumor first broke out, information stated that it was running a Google built kernel...meaning it's NOT a non-Nexus device. Also, Nexus devices always used sea creatures for code names.

It will be great if there's two versions....5.2 and 5.9. For me, whether its the Nexus 6 or this rumored moto s.....I want the 5.9 inch screen. I just want some legit leaks already.

I really want to at least see a 5.9 inch device... I looked into the LG G3 and compared to my Nexus 5 I didn't find it to be all that much bigger.... I played around with it a little and found it very comfortable to deal with.... If they get the bezel under control like with the G3 I'd LOVE to put my hands on a 5.9 or 6 inch screen.... I'd probably even drop my Nexus 7 and work with just one device...

macaranaman

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping for a 5.2 inch Moto Nexus 5 2014, a 8.9 inch HTC Nexus 9 2014 and a 7 inch Asus Nexus 7 2014 with a QHD screen and a 8 core Snapdragon 810.

Devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, iPod Touch.

psybuster

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Chances are the Moto S is one of two things: either a phablet sized Moto X, or an "Android Silver" variant of the Nexus 6 for Verizon if the Nexus itself isn't Verizon compatible.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I read an article awhile back that the Verizon version of the nexus 6 is going to be called the moto s, so that might be the work around to get it on Verizon.. Idk..

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC