Cases for the Nexus 6P

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Currently, I'm leaning towards picking up the Adopted Case from the Google Store.
  • It's reliable because they actually got a 6P or a prototype to work with beforehand.
  • ^ The Laser AF isn't blocked.
  • It's the cheapest one at ~$20, which is just $3 more than the Versus case.
  • It has a lightweight and minimal design.

Edit: http://www.caseologycases.com/

Woah, this site has some gorgeous cases. Nothing for the 6P and 5X yet.

Last edited:

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

That's a really beautiful case that makes the phone still look really sophisticated and slim. I may get that even though I wasn't planning on using a case with this phone. I wish there was a lighter colored version (a slight silver or something) but it still looks pretty great. The company left a comment in the reviews that this was just a render and that the actual product would have a cutout for the laser autofocus. Still, a lot of people leaving 1 star reviews saying that it won't based on the picture.

On a separate note, does anyone know if the cases for the 6P actually form fit the slight bump at the top and then taper down, or do they just have one thickness all the way down, leaving a small gap between the phone and the case for most of the length of the phone?

DukeofPhone

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
On a separate note, does anyone know if the cases for the 6P actually form fit the slight bump at the top and then taper down, or do they just have one thickness all the way down, leaving a small gap between the phone and the case for most of the length of the phone?

Cant comment on all cases but this one certainly appears to fit the phone properly based on the image in the bottom left.
81fucZTPFNL._SL1500_.jpg

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait for a slim case that has 'PROPER' grip enhancement at the part of the phones where it's needed: the left and right SIDES. Makes no sense that case makers (and phone makers) talk about textured backs that help you hold the phone. When is everyone going to admit that the back of the phone has ZERO impact on whether or not it's going to slip out of your hands or not. IT'S the SIDES THAT MATTER. Those are the two points that are gripped by your hand, not the phreaking BACK!

So I'll wait for a proper TPU or hybrid case that has a matte or ridged finish on the sides. Not glossy TPU or a smooth metal border band like the Verus case people keep posting.

Jesse Maurice

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to wait for a slim case that has 'PROPER' grip enhancement at the part of the phones where it's needed: the left and right SIDES. Makes no sense that case makers (and phone makers) talk about textured backs that help you hold the phone. When is everyone going to admit that the back of the phone has ZERO impact on whether or not it's going to slip out of your hands or not. IT'S the SIDES THAT MATTER. Those are the two points that are gripped by your hand, not the phreaking BACK!

So I'll wait for a proper TPU or hybrid case that has a matte or ridged finish on the sides. Not glossy TPU or a smooth metal border band like the Verus case people keep posting.

Nexus 6P Case, [Clear] Slim & Flexible Anti-shock Crystal Silicone Protective TPU Gel Skin Case Cover For Huawei Nexus 6 2015 (Nexus 6 2nd Gen, 2015
is the case I bought off amazon I realize that the auto focus will probably be covered but considering it's TPU should be no problem to cut out a little more area with a punch and then buff it down with a Roto buffer. Will take like 2 minutes

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It would seem that I'm in the minority. I purchase cases their ruggedness and their ability to protect my phone. I couldn't care less about the aesthetics.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It would seem that I'm in the minority. I purchase cases their ruggedness and their ability to protect my phone. I couldn't care less about the aesthetics.
There's no wrong answer really; it just depends what you're looking for in a case. There are a few basic classes: the purely aesthetic cases which add a personal flair to the phone without adding bulk (the most these are likely to protect against is scratches), the mixed purpose cases that try to find a balance between protection and not making your phone huge and ugly, and the pure protection cases that let you drive a truck over the phone but make your phone twice the size and basically a windowed box. I shop in the middle category, myself, but the great thing about having all these case manufacturers is you usually get a fair bit of choice to find the price, look, and level of protection that works for your taste and needs.

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
There's no wrong answer really; it just depends what you're looking for in a case. There are a few basic classes: the purely aesthetic cases which add a personal flair to the phone without adding bulk (the most these are likely to protect against is scratches), the mixed purpose cases that try to find a balance between protection and not making your phone huge and ugly, and the pure protection cases that let you drive a truck over the phone but make your phone twice the size and basically a windowed box. I shop in the middle category, myself, but the great thing about having all these case manufacturers is you usually get a fair bit of choice to find the price, look, and level of protection that works for your taste and needs.

Agreed. I just wish there were more options for pure protective cases for the 6p.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I just wish there were more options for pure protective cases for the 6p.

Im sure otterbox or griffin will have something if you are looking for a Tank-level protection out of your case. They usually do most of the popular phones, i dont see why they wouldnt hit the nexus phones.

I'm a middle of the road user too, especially if I am going to pull the trigger on a phone that has a .7 inch bigger screen than my current phone. It's going to be strange enough getting used to the added bulk of the phone without putting a heavy duty case on it. the Verus case looks like its going to be the case for me. Very similar to the slim armor case im currently rocking on my One M8 and its not every expensive.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I just hope these cases work well with the fingerprint scanner. The official cases on the Google store have nice openings on the back that will allow you to use it.

Travis Shirley

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Any chance Urban Armour Gear will make a case for the Nexus 6p? I ordered the 6p with 64gb & 2 year warranty. Hopefully it ships sooner than early November

crazymario

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
If the Verus slim case is anywhere near the quality of the Spigen case I'm using for my current phone, that'll be my go-to. I've found that the slim-fit cases give plenty of protection from the kind of drops my phones suffer.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Im sure otterbox or griffin will have something if you are looking for a Tank-level protection out of your case. They usually do most of the popular phones, i dont see why they wouldnt hit the nexus phones.

I'm a middle of the road user too, especially if I am going to pull the trigger on a phone that has a .7 inch bigger screen than my current phone. It's going to be strange enough getting used to the added bulk of the phone without putting a heavy duty case on it. the Verus case looks like its going to be the case for me. Very similar to the slim armor case im currently rocking on my One M8 and its not every expensive.

Griffin is out, as are Ballistic and UAG, and nothing definitive from OtterBox. Seidio is in, though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt