Cases for the Nexus 6P

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Would appreciate a recommendation for a case with a kickstand (horizontal only is OK), with enough rubber to protect from a fall, and proven not to interfere with the noise-cancelling microphone (trying to avoid the muffled sound issue). A separate clear screen protector would be a bonus. Does such a case exist?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Would appreciate a recommendation for a case with a kickstand (horizontal only is OK), with enough rubber to protect from a fall, and proven not to interfere with the noise-cancelling microphone (trying to avoid the muffled sound issue). A separate clear screen protector would be a bonus. Does such a case exist?

Poetic Revolution case maybe?

BlueCause

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I have spent hours scouring the internet for a vertical flip case. The only thing I found that'd suit me is StilGut UltraSlim, but not that many people rated it. Does anyone have any experiences with this case (or would suggest a different one)?
I need a good cover that'll keep my 6P safe for a long time since I don't often buy new phones (as evidenced by my current iPhone 4).
My backup plan is to take the Unicorn Beetle Series Premium Hybrid, but I'd MUCH rather get a vertical flip case.

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I wound up with this case through Amazon:
Nexus 6P CASE, E LV Shock-Absorption - Dual Layer Armor Holster Defender Full Body Protective Case Cover with Kickstand and Belt Swivel Clip

(I apologize for not submitting a link but I'm apparently too much of a newbie to be allowed to do so.)

I like the fact that it has a substantial rubber lining, harder exoskeleton, and built in horizontal kickstand (without having to use the belt clip).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my Spigen Rugged TPU and I love it. I was using a Pleson Tempered Glass but it chipped/ting crack up top without any force and without dropping it. I am now using MIME and while it's $25 its worth every penny as usual. Better anti fingerprint coating and overall better feel.

Last edited:

JofreMC

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the Ringke Fusion Crystal Case. So far, I'm pleased with it. I have already dropped the phone twice and no damages at all.

Anyway, I'm interested in the Spigen Hybrid EX for a near future.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the Spigen ThinFit and it doesn't add bulk and offers some extra grip

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5077190

I have this case and would not recommend it if you like full coverage of the front of your phone. It only covers the sides. I don't like this b/c somehow (and I've never dropped this phone) there are small nicks on the top and bottom where the body meets the glass. Had I had a case that covered that part of the phone, these markings would not exist.

Aside from that, the case is solid. It's a problem for me though and I will be getting a different case.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just scooped this. Thanks for linking it. I just hope the side buttons aren't too hard at first. I had an old GSIII case that I loved but the buttons were like plastic and were tough to press. I love the case I have now b/c they're cutout and not a problem. Regardless, it looks exactly like what I wanted.

Cheers!

The buttons are very nice and definitely not difficult to press. I've used this case for months and its held up great.

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm eyeing the Spigen RA Black (it's even on sale in Canada too!).

Before I pull the trigger I wanted to ask, have the issues with the Google folio case been resolved? i.e. will you still crack your case or phone trying to remove it?

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm eyeing the Spigen RA Black (it's even on sale in Canada too!).

Before I pull the trigger I wanted to ask, have the issues with the Google folio case been resolved? i.e. will you still crack your case or phone trying to remove it?

Before you pull the trigger. Consider this case too. For the price, it's built very well, feels nice and has done a great job for me after about a month. Comes with a screen protector and it's slim!:
Amazon.com: Nexus 6P Case, Ringke [Fusion] Clear PC Back TPU Bumper w/ Screen Protector [Drop Protection/Shock Absorption Technology][Attached Dust Cap] For Huawei Nexus 6P - Crystal View: Cell Phones & Accessories

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Before you pull the trigger. Consider this case too. For the price, it's built very well, feels nice and has done a great job for me after about a month. Comes with a screen protector and it's slim!:
Amazon.com: Nexus 6P Case, Ringke [Fusion] Clear PC Back TPU Bumper w/ Screen Protector [Drop Protection/Shock Absorption Technology][Attached Dust Cap] For Huawei Nexus 6P - Crystal View: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've had the clear Ringke case since I got the phone in November. It's a decent case, and completely protected the phone the two times I accidentally dropped it (once on a corner and once on its face, cracking the glass screen protector but not the screen). The one thing I don't like about it is that, fairly quickly, I began to notice that the TPU portions of the case (all but the flat inset portion on the back) has begun to yellow. It's gotten worse with each passing month, and is becoming even more noticeable with the passage of time because the center portion on the back has not yellowed. I suspect it's especially evident because I have the Frost/White 6P. Perhaps the smoke would not show the same discoloration. Just thought I'd share in case this aesthetic issue is a concern for anyone else.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had the clear Ringke case since I got the phone in November. It's a decent case, and completely protected the phone the two times I accidentally dropped it (once on a corner and once on its face, cracking the glass screen protector but not the screen). The one thing I don't like about it is that, fairly quickly, I began to notice that the TPU portions of the case (all but the flat inset portion on the back) has begun to yellow. It's gotten worse with each passing month, and is becoming even more noticeable with the passage of time because the center portion on the back has not yellowed. I suspect it's especially evident because I have the Frost/White 6P. Perhaps the smoke would not show the same discoloration. Just thought I'd share in case this aesthetic issue is a concern for anyone else.

This is a reason the Spigen Ultra clear case has really impressed me. I've had the case since it was first released (back in November) and it hasn't yellowed, at all. If anything, the TPU can look a bit bluish now, though it is only a slight hint, possibly from carrying in my jeans pockets, and not dark enough to make the case look bad (like the yellow does). I've been extremely happy with this case so far.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I received my Google Live Case. It is a thin case with cut outs for the power and volume buttons, cutout at the top and bottom, so there should be no issues trying to plug in earphones or power cables.

The extra features come through the My Live Case app, you press the "button" on the case to load the information about your case onto the phone. The "button" is in the back center of the case -- there is a slight indention and a pattern where you press. The "button" seems to work pretty well, it requires a fairly hard push, so you shouldn't have accidental presses.

You can adjust your wallpaper -- you aren't stuck with the same settings you picked for the back of your case. You are, of course, limited based on if you picked Photos or Places. I did find with Live Places, you can only use the location where you are when you set the wallpaper. While I had understood the wallpaper would adjust automatically based on your location, I've not seen that. Additionally, the back of my case is from another location -- it appears to get my wallpaper to match the back of my case, I will actually have to travel to that location.

The app also allows you to change what the "button" on the case does, either a phone function (toggle WiFi off/on, toggle flashlight, open camera, or open any app on your phone.

I'll be interested to see how the case holds up. In the meantime, I'm liking it for the unique look it gives.

Google Live case.jpg

nhuth

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had a one-piece TPU case from Spigen since release day. I cannot put this phone in my front pocket because it digs into my thigh when I sit down. I have used my back pocket for nearly the whole time I've had the phone. My phone has gotten to the point where it is so bent, the power button stopped working properly.

I have set up for a replacement through Nexus Protect. I don't want my replacement phone to suffer the same fate. How can I get sure I will be getting a case that won't let the phone bend in my back pocket? What are your recommendations for my situation? Thank you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae