Nightstand docks? Where are they?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I normally get a dock and use my phone as my bedside clock/alarm but I'm having trouble finding a dockstation for the nexus. Can anyone point me in the right direction or make recommendations?

dct3416

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered this one which Benson Leung gave a very good review of:
Well apparently I cannot post links yet so search Amazon for the "NXET® Type-C Dock, Omni Case Compatible Sync & Charge Dock Charger Rapid Fast Charging Cradle for USB Type C Smaprtphone"

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Docks went away when phones got wireless charging. Oh wait ...

Google can't get Froyo to go away so I'm betting docks sty around a while......but I totally get your joke ??????
I just ordered this one which Benson Leung gave a very good review of:
Well apparently I cannot post links yet so search Amazon for the "NXET® Type-C Dock, Omni Case Compatible Sync & Charge Dock Charger Rapid Fast Charging Cradle for USB Type C Smaprtphone"

Thanks. Ended up going with this one after they changed to a newer USB C protocol
Omni Case Compatible Dock for USB Type-C- KiDiGi | Smart Phone & Tablet Accessories

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Please let everyone know what you think about this docking station? As I thought about buying it until I read reviews about not having the type c fast charging, but think both this one and the kidigi have both changed the resistors to work with fast charging. Thanks in advance for the review.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Not a docking station per se but I got this thing to use with my iPad while reading PDF articles for school. Maybe it'll work for you. I didn't post the link bc apparently I can't bc I'm new, which is dumb, imo( been coming here for years but just made my account)

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

Attachments

• 87690.jpg
    87690.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 92

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Google can't get Froyo to go away so I'm betting docks sty around a while......but I totally get your joke ������

Thanks. Ended up going with this one after they changed to a newer USB C protocol
Omni Case Compatible Dock for USB Type-C- KiDiGi | Smart Phone & Tablet Accessories

I'm actually looking at this

Amazon.com: RND Deluxe Type C Dock for Google Nexus ( 5X / 6P ) LG G5 Microsoft Lumia ( 950 / 950XL ) and OnePlus 2 (works with rugged/ dual layer/ slim cases/and no cases) (black with silver trim): Cell Phones & Accessories

Which looks like the same unit. This has apparently also been updated for newer USB C protocols.

Wondering how what your experience has been with the KiDiGi, and/or if anyone's aware whether the RND version I linked to is compatible with our 6Ps.

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually looking at this

Amazon.com: RND Deluxe Type C Dock for Google Nexus ( 5X / 6P ) LG G5 Microsoft Lumia ( 950 / 950XL ) and OnePlus 2 (works with rugged/ dual layer/ slim cases/and no cases) (black with silver trim): Cell Phones & Accessories

Which looks like the same unit. This has apparently also been updated for newer USB C protocols.

Wondering how what your experience has been with the KiDiGi, and/or if anyone's aware whether the RND version I linked to is compatible with our 6Ps.

Are you asking whether anyone has it and has tested it rather than just relying on the support for the Nexus 6p in the name and description of the product's compatibility?

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear. There have been so many issues with USB-C compatibility and the 6P - even when product descriptions say items are compatible - that I was essentially asking whether anyone had actual experience with this and/or knew if it was actually compatible with the 6P. Multiple sources indicated that the original version did not offer true fast charging, and might even damage the phone. I have since confirmed from another source that the current version is apparently fine and functions properly with the 6P. Just placed an order on Amazon, along with this AC adapter (as the dock does not include one):

http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Charge...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5140133

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos