Tempered glass screen protector

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So I've never been a big fan of cases, but I do find my 6p a bit slippery. To solve that I put a clear Xtremeguards skin on the back for grip, and currently I have a TGSP on front. The TGSP has chipped a bit from my last drop, and I'm curious who is going naked and what mishaps you've had (if any). I kind of want to just yank it off and have a naked front, but I'm not 100% ready to commit just yet (my Moto X took a bad spill and shattered so I'm still scared).

chiefandrews

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I went naked for the first few days. I have the icarez glass on the front. I really like it, but it's only been one week. I ordered a D-brand skin for the back, which will be here in a few days. I still consider this naked. I just don't think I could put a case on it. It looks and feels too good without one!

Apftw

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I bought a bunch from China website.. Aliexpress. Just as good of quality as nillkin or any you would buy for 30 bucks. But for 2 bucks a piece. Very good deal.

Posted via the Android Central App

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Got the Yoozon brand from Amazon. No problems. Works good with Speck Candy case and Beetle Supcase.

*6P 64gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Personally I much prefer tempered glass; find that plastic screen protectors tend to scratch...!

I've rough hands though from all the gardening I do, plus I train/compete in powerlifting & strongman, so chalk dries out my skin and the tips of my fingers can be rough at times!

Tempered glass is just that; doesn't scratch (unless you really try IMO) and stays quite slick

I have this installed: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tempered-P...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5188472

Have one in spare as well, just in case; fits perfectly with my Supcase and Spigen cases etc.. Doesn't lift, clear as it should be and so easy to fit!

XsoundXhoundX

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I work in the phone repair industry and I recommended tempered glass all day long. Plastic screen protectors are for protecting against scratches while tempered glass is for drops. The screens for our phones are around $100 so you would be looking at around $150-$200 to get it fixed if you drop it and that's at the minimum. It's worth a few bucks to get the tempered glass.

XsoundXhoundX

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
And before you think you can fix it yourself go look at the ifixit teardown. You have to take off the rear camera glass to get to screws you need to remove to take the back camera off. Not an easy job.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Tempered glass protectors don't do as good of a job protecting from impact, as the glass is also fragile due to its hardness and anti scratch properties. A film one, typically PET material of some sort does better with impact, but scratches easier. Can't have both.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon