unable to update Nexus 6P using fasstboot

SP2340

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

So today I decided to update my 6P from MMB29P to MTC19V. I run the following commands:

Code:
fastboot flash radio radio-angler-angler-03.61.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-angler-angler-03.51.img
fastboot reboot

No error messages and everything looked to be uploaded correctly.

Aftert rebooting I was presented with an error message as as follows:

Code:
There's an internal problem with your
device. Contact your manufacturer for
details.

So P press the OK at the end and the system loads and functions otherwise. I check my 'About Phone' and notice that my Build Number is still at MMB29P

How do I get this phone to update to the latest? Yes the phone is rooted using TWRP 3.0.0-1

Thank you for your feedback.

michael3214

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The error message you're seeing can be caused by flashing an incorrect vendor.img(different build# than current system) Based on your commands did you flash the system.img for the updated build? That would explain why the build # didn't change, no errors during the process and the error message when powering up the phone. However, if you did, I'd redownload the factory image and rerun those 4 fastboot commands(boot/radio/system/vendor) Skip over userdata.img as it'll wipe the device clean. When all is said and done you'll have the updated build and a new message that device can't be checked for corruption........

Posted via Nexus6P Android Central App

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like your radio and bootloader don't match. Also make sure the file names match what you direct adb to flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20