New Huawei Nexus Video

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
And for those who will say that it looks like an iPhone, taken direct from Jermaine Smit's G+:

Empty.182.jpg
Empty.184.jpg
Empty.183.jpg

There ARE differences.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
looks amazing, the rear looks similar but who the heck cares. all new phones resemble an existing phone. I like the look of the iPhone, so there could be much worse phones to resemble. and the sides/top/bottom look nothing alike.

the front looks more like a moto x then iPhone, which is another good thing ... at the end of the day I care about features. not looks. and if you told me nexus is making a kick *** phone that combines the best components of HTC, iPhone and moto, I'd be a pretty happy customer!

Last edited:

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
looks amazing, the rest looks similar but who the hell cares. all new phones resemble an existing phone. I like the look of the iPhone, so there could be much worse things than a resemblance.

the front looks more like a moto x then iPhone, which is another good thing ... at the end of the day I care about features. not looks. and if you told me nexus is making a kick *** phone that combines the best components of HTC, iPhone and moto, I'd be a pretty happy customer!

Amen, absolutely.

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
To me the back resembles the iPhone quite a bit, but that's fine, I think the iPhone has a really great, iconic design.

I think I like the look of the Huawei model more, but unsure if the size will be to much for me. I may try both and see which I prefer.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
To me the back resembles the iPhone quite a bit, but that's fine, I think the iPhone has a really great, iconic design.

I think I like the look of the Huawei model more, but unsure if the size will be to much for me. I may try both and see which I prefer.

Initially I shared your opinion, but after hearing so many people praise their larger displays, I'm convinced I'll quickly adapt to the larger screen. I haven't heard many people say they went with a 5.7" and didn't like it.

I'm definitely getting the LG Nexus unless the battery is ridiculously small, but need a second phone so it'll be BT the Moto Pure and Hauwei Nexus. That'll come down to battery. If Hauwei goes 3500+ it's a no brainer ... assuming of course the rumors are true

Last edited:

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It does look like an iPhone, but the iPhone 6 took a lot of design cues from the M8. That said, this metal body Nexus looks amazing. I'm gonna have a hard time deciding which one to go with. >_<

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
People do realize that the strips serve a purpose, right? They're there to help with reception. Anyway, I showed the video and pics to my friend who has a 6+ (and a Nexus 5, as well as ab HTC Amaze in the past) and told her how people are comparing it to the iPhone. She in fact said it looks nothing like an iPhone, we agreed that it looks more like an HTC. That said, we both agree that we hope this phone is the real deal. Personally, I'd go for the gray one, if it existed. If it turns out to be either the black or white option, I'd go with the black.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
People do realize that the strips serve a purpose, right? They're therw to help with reception. Anyway, I showed the video and pics to my friend who has a 6+ (and a Nexus 5, as well as ab HTC Amaze in the past) and told her how people are comparing it to the iPhone. She in fact said it looks nothing like an iPhone, we agreed that it looks more like an HTC. That said, we both agree that we hope this phone is the real deal. Personally, I'd go for the gray one, if it existed. If it turns out to be either the black or white option, I'd go with the black.

no, I didn't know about the strips. good info. I definitely wouldn't say it looks "nothing" like the iPhone, cause the back definitely resembles it. I'd agree that it looks more like an HTC though, but I really don't care what it looks like, so long as it has the specs and features we're all expecting.

I'd love to see a color option similar to HTC's gun metal. the dark gray and black combo would look pretty sick.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Initially I shared your opinion, but after hearing so many people praise their larger displays, I'm convinced I'll quickly adapt to the larger screen. I haven't heard many people say they went with a 5.7" and didn't like it.

I'm definitely getting the LG Nexus unless the battery is ridiculously small, but need a second phone so it'll be BT the Moto Pure and Hauwei Nexus. That'll come down to battery. If Hauwei goes 3500+ it's a no brainer ... assuming of course the rumors are true

I just came off an LG G4 which I found just a fraction too big. According to the supposed dimensions, the Huawei is bigger, so while the larger screen would be nice, I think the size would be too much for me.

I really do like single-handed use. I catch the train home a lot during peak times, rarely get a seat on the train, so it's nice being able to stand and use a phone one handed while the other hand is holding on to a hand bar.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I just came off an LG G4 which I found just a fraction too big. According to the supposed dimensions, the Huawei is bigger, so while the larger screen would be nice, I think the size would be too much for me.

I really do like single-handed use. I catch the train home a lot during peak times, rarely get a seat on the train, so it's nice being able to stand and use a phone one handed while the other hand is holding on to a hand bar.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I think we've reached a point where it's hard to say X phone is stealing Ys design. Just because there's only so much you can do with a hunk of glass and a rear shell and the various other outward facing components.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

that's right, I forgot you had the G4 ... wide phone. that's always been my issue with the larger phones. I don't care so much about height, but like the G4 or Nexus 6, it's tough navigating a wider display. anxious to test out the Pure and Hauwei Nexus to see how it feels in hand. the smallest change in width or shape can make a big difference.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they adopted the old RAZR design on the back. The raised camera section.

Not really a fan of the design. Looks like if I want a phablet, Style it is unless this camera blows everything away and has some of their features from other Hauwei phones. I LOVE that light trace option or whatever it's called.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I know there are those of you that question TK Total Tech about the validity of his info, but his leak of the Moto X Style was dead on, as well as others. At this point, I'm more inclined to believe him than anything evleaks has said.

Anyway, I just watched a live stream of his in which he said that Google has been testing three models of the Huawei Nexus: one with a 3,300 mAh battery, one with a 3,900 mAh battery, and one with a 4,200 mAh battery. He also said that onleaks has been right for the most part with his info, although there might be some slight differences in the design. Lastly, he said that the phone has some heft to it. This has me excited, to say the least. I'm all in for a 4,200 mAh battery, and even 3,900 mAh phone.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I know there are those of you that question TK Total Tech about the validity of his info, but his leak of the Moto X Style was dead on, as well as others. At this point, I'm more inclined to believe him than anything evleaks has said.

Anyway, I just watched a live stream of his in which he said that Google has been testing three models of the Huawei Nexus: one with a 3,300 mAh battery, one with a 3,900 mAh battery, and one with a 4,200 mAh battery. He also said that onleaks has been right for the most part with his info, although there might be some slight differences in the design. Lastly, he said that the phone has some heft to it. This has me excited, to say the least. I'm all in for a 4,200 mAh battery, and even 3,900 mAh phone.

Is there a recording of this? Sounds wayyyyyy too good to be true. I want to believe.