Buying a Nexus device without a credit card?

stu3796

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I really want a Nexus 6p but how do I buy one without a credit card? In searching various places for about 30 minutes I think I'm more confused than ever about the various ways to use Google Wallet, Android pay, etc but the one thing that seems to ring true is that I can't buy a Google Play gift card with cash and use it to buy a device from the Google Store. Is that right and if so how do I turn cash into a payment form the Google Store will accept for a device? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

seyahmit

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe you are correct, you cannot use play store credit on devices. If you have the cash but no credit card, could you get a visa debit card and pay for it with that? Just thinking out loud.

stu3796

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they do accept PayPal BUT from what I can tell you can't use PayPal for physical devices either. Only for apps, music, etc. There isn't much info that I can find on using prepaid cards but I would think they should work. That's what I'm going to try anyways.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they do accept PayPal BUT from what I can tell you can't use PayPal for physical devices either. Only for apps, music, etc. There isn't much info that I can find on using prepaid cards but I would think they should work. That's what I'm going to try anyways.

buy a prepaid debit card. works like a charm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12