The first thing I'll do with my 6P when I get it is...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
UNBOXING VIDEO!!!! POST IT TO AC FORUMS!!! :D

Seriously though, I give the ambassadors and moderators a severely difficult time of it if they don't do the unboxing videos. After that, I'd recommend taking a ton of low light photos so all the people with questions about that can see it in the real world.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
In no particular order:
  • Thoroughly explore Marshmallow and how it looks/works
  • Go through the settings
  • Put Google Now On Tap through its paces
  • Check out how headphones sound for music and speakers sound for watching video
  • Take LOTS of photos

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know, un-box it and turn it on. :D

Then what? Take a naked selfie? What?

I'll be anxious to run battery tests ... after the naked selfies of course!

I'm thrilled with the preliminary reviews so far. this bad boy has everything I'm looking for, and the camera getting great reviews so far is a welcome surprise.

it's gonna be tough waiting a full month for it to get here!

Savvra

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
In no particular order:
  • Thoroughly explore Marshmallow and how it looks/works
  • Go through the settings
  • Put Google Now On Tap through its paces
  • Check out how headphones sound for music and speakers sound for watching video
  • Take LOTS of photos

This.

Posted via Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Use Facebook!
First thing is to try and make sure it works on VZW then play with Marshmallow and start to load up apps.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol.

I'll probably unlock and root it (presuming that it is possible to do so...).

I have never done so on my Nexus 4, 5, or 6, and often found myself regretting it and wishing at some point that my device was rooted so that I could try this or that. I know that I can root at any time, but frankly, it always seems like more trouble than it's worth once the device is in daily use.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Dive into the pool and take some underwater photos to thoroughly test the water resistance, take a car key to the screen to see how scratch resistant it is, forcibly bend it, and then lastly drop test it a few hundred feet.

I kid, I kid :p

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Check to see if the headset call volume is reasonable. My experience with the Nexus 5 is that the headset volume (not using speakerphone or earphones) is way low compared to other phones I've used.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Get back into the Android OS having been on iOS for the last year (work phone). I'm looking forward to the fact that it will have an excellent camera and build design in stock android. For so many years that was really a unicorn for Android owners -- camera + design + battery + stock ardroid.

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Definitely unlock the bootloader. I'm always too impatient to wait for ota's anyways so I'll be flashing factory images from Google

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol