Finger print sensor

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the finger print sensor will wake and unlock the device or do you have to wake the screen with the power button then unlock it with the finger print sensor?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the finger print sensor will wake and unlock the device or do you have to wake the screen with the power button then unlock it with the finger print sensor?

It wakes it. As told in the presentation yesterday. :cool:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

its wakes your device and take you to the home screen directly

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
you have your hands always in your pocket? in most use case this shouldnt be a problem

No not always, but I do at times and I can be fidgety. For example, I go to check for my phone to make sure it is on me, with my nexus 6 when I do that I tend to tap on the back indentation.

Shrug, I know it wont be a common problem but something potentially happening now and then if one puts their hand in their pocket.

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
This will work nicely then. You can unlock the phone as your pulling it out of your pocket.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No not always, but I do at times and I can be fidgety. For example, I go to check for my phone to make sure it is on me, with my nexus 6 when I do that I tend to tap on the back indentation.

Shrug, I know it wont be a common problem but something potentially happening now and then if one puts their hand in their pocket.

How you could forget the nexus 6 is in your pocket is beyond me, that phone is a beast amongst beasts :)

LezCronut

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

It will wake and unlock instantaneously without pressing the power button.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I don't like to assume, but I doubt it will be an issue because of proximity sensors. I would like to think Google has thought it out to not wake the device in this case if the phone senses its in your pocket or laying screen down on a table or something.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay