For those of us that've followed this forum for months ...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What a difference a day makes!!

I just wanted to thank you guys and girls for participating in some great discussion the past few months, especially those (you know who you are) that posted countless links/rumors/articles/etc.

We had our differences which is what these boards are about, but in general we kept it friendly and civil.

Most importantly, I think we finally got the phone we were looking for. It didn't meet everybody's criteria obviously, but it definitely came close.

If aesthetics were your thing, we got an original design that wasn't that ugly phone we thought it was. Sounds like a great camera, and although it might not turn out to be as good as the G4/S6, and lacks OIS, it's still a significant upgrade.

Great battery life, quick charge, front speakers. And not to mention the real star of the show, Android M, which is hopefully everything LP wasn't.

It's obvious most of the complaints are coming from people that never intended on getting it in the first place. Of course there are those that'll pass for one reason or another, and if you have a newer device, it might not be a big enough upgrade.

But for those of us that have been wishing camera and battery finally joined stock, with the build quality and price to match, this thing definitely delivered.

Personally it exceeded my expectations by a mile, and I'm looking forward to the reviews and next few months to really dig into the new OS!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree! Can't wait to see real world hands-on reviews and hope to see Huawei continue to push out more devices like this in the US.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
What a difference a day makes!!

I just wanted to thank you guys and girls for participating in some great discussion the past few months, especially those (you know who you are) that posted countless links/rumors/articles/etc.

We had our differences which is what these boards are about, but in general we kept it friendly and civil.

Most importantly, I think we finally got the phone we were looking for. It didn't meet everybody's criteria obviously, but it definitely came close.

If aesthetics were your thing, we got an original design that wasn't that ugly phone we thought it was. Sounds like a great camera, and although it might not turn out to be as good as the G4/S6, and lacks OIS, it's still a significant upgrade.

Great battery life, quick charge, front speakers. And not to mention the real star of the show, Android M, which is hopefully everything LP wasn't.

It's obvious most of the complaints are coming from people that never intended on getting it in the first place. Of course there are those that'll pass for one reason or another, and if you have a newer device, it might not be a big enough upgrade.

But for those of us that have been wishing camera and battery finally joined stock, with the build quality and price to match, this thing definitely delivered.

Personally it exceeded my expectations by a mile, and I'm looking forward to the reviews and next few months to really dig into the new OS!!

Hear, hear! Well said.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Very well said! Google definitely lived up to my expectations and then some. Hopefully all who ended up purchasing either phone will love it!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the 6P looks to be an outstanding device.

It checks so many boxes for me: great screen, great camera, stock android, dual front facing speakers, good battery life, nice design/premium build. There's not much it doesn't have.

Only thing I'm bummed about is the price here in Australia. It's a solid chunk of cash. I'm kinda leaning towards getting it anyway though.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I didn't participate in the discussion this year. I'm a big Nexus fan and every year I'm usually here talking about it, prior to it's release. The renders of the phone (especially the 6P) didn't do it justice. I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality of the 6P and didn't know it was going to be an all metal design. It certainly has exceeded my expectations also, so much so that I don't even want the Moto X Pure edition I'v ordered ( which is delayed anyway).

I'm on Project Fi but not full time. I'm switching and porting my number as soon as I get the 6P.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
And not to mention the real star of the show, Android M, which is hopefully everything LP wasn't.
But don't forget that L was a complete overhaul of Android, and M is just a continuation of L. So therefore there shouldn't be any problems. In reality, android 6.0 could have been numbered 5.2 for all intents and purposes.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
But don't forget that L was a complete overhaul of Android, and M is just a continuation of L. So therefore there shouldn't be any problems. In reality, android 6.0 could have been numbered 5.2 for all intents and purposes.

As polished as M looks, N should be even better than that, assuming Google finally implements some form of multi-window.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
As polished as M looks, N should be even better than that, assuming Google finally implements some form of multi-window.

I read somewhere that it's already in the code for M, but it's disabled. It's definitely a feature that needs to be in the next iteration of Android. We've gotta take advantage of our gorgeous 6P screens. :D

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
It was fun.

The guys who designed the Nexus said on Reddit that they were really bummed about the leaks because it spoilt the surprise.

I am kind of with them, because of the massive disappointments we've had running since the M9 launch, we've craved leaked in hope of finding that perfect phone. It would have been just amazing to find out about the 6P all in one day.

I will be ordering this phone. It's the perfect phone for me. I haven't pre-ordered as I'm a little short on the cash, but people's predicted shipping is far away anyway so I won't feel like I'm missing out.

I hope people continue to come to this forum after they've bought the device. After a device launch the forum tends to get filled with people complaining about problems

mabr82

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Totally agree.

Especially about the complaints from those who weren't ever going to buy the device anyway.

I think with the hands on videos it looks amazing.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I just realized that we no native multi-window functionality. Why? Google natively built in stylus support in Android a couple of years ago I believe which feel is far less used function than multi-window feature. Google jumps on doing a fingerprint software but delays or dismiss on the other.

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading the Nexus forums for awhile. I have wanted a Nexus for almost 2 years. I have a Verizon Note 3 now. The Nexus 5 would not work on Verizon, and I had my Note 3 before the Nexus 6 came out.

Looks like the 6p is for me.
My contract is up in February.

Posted via Android Central App from my Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol