Apple guy excited over 6P

southflguy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So I'm mostly an iPhone user (please no haters!), but I've always carried a 2nd phone since I'm a tech guy and I just love all kinds of technology. I preordered the 6P because it is probably one of the most different and exciting Android devices I've seen (not to mention that I love the Nexus pure Android experience). I've always carried a 2nd Android phone and just swap sim cards when I feel like something different. Are there any other people out there that enjoy doing that?

LezCronut

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I'm not willing to leave Android for iPhone is Google Now integration and search function in Android.
Siri is so damn stupid. At least in my country where I live.
I can't live without Google Now and the smartness of it.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a 6s and preordered the 6p. I have a feeling the iPhone is going to be collecting dust. I'm a lot more excited for the Nexus than I thought I'd be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPad mini that's collecting dust since I got the Nexus 6. also sold my MacBook and for the XPS 13. I use two phones but can't be bothered swapping SIMs. I have a feeling you won't be swapping all that much once the 6p arrives!

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat... I've switched between my 64gb iPhone 6+ and an Android phone for over a year now. The Android phone has been several that I've bought/tried and sold (Swappa). Still looking for that perfect device that will take me away from the iPhone swap for good, and I think this Nexus 6p might be the one that finally does it.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Not me, I like tinkering with new releases but wouldn't actually own two full time. So far the 6p is the better of the two this year for me.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
You're not crazy. I just picked up a 6S+ on launch day, and I preordered the Nexus 6P as soon it was available. I've always loved Nexus devices, I've owned the Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5, and Nexus 6. The 6P seems to address a lot of the faults I found with those. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6s, 6s plus, Moto X pure here !!!! 5x and 6p on pre order so you are not alone !!!!

Used to have few windows phone as well but stopped buying them from a year back because they are not that useful without Google services for me.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6s, 6s plus, Moto X pure here !!!! 5x and 6p on pre order so you are not alone !!!!

Used to have few windows phone as well but stopped buying them from a year back because they are not that useful without Google services for me.

just curious, why all the phones? my wife would kill me if I dropped that much money on phones, but even if she didn't care, I just don't see the point. I'd gravitate towards 1 or 2 ... not like there's a huge difference between a few of them. just seems kinda strange.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
just curious, why all the phones? my wife would kill me if I dropped that much money on phones, but even if she didn't care, I just don't see the point. I'd gravitate towards 1 or 2, just wondering what's the point?
Yeah there is no point just like buying new gadgets .... One phone is more than enough but its just a hobby of mine and financially not a problem for me. I do sell few of them after a few months so essentially will have mostly 2 phones (one iOS/one Android) for most of the year. But unfortunately the holiday season phone release schedule causes this multiple phone headache !!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Pointless for me to go to an iPhone. I love Android OS and since I've been using an iPhone for work for 4 years, it doesn't make sense to have both to be iOS so instead I have one Android and one iOS. Battery life on my work phone does last much longer but I rarely use it. I get two days out of it and usually throughout the entire weekend before I charge it again.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah there is no point just like buying new gadgets .... One phone is more than enough but its just a hobby of mine and financially not a problem for me. I do sell few of them after a few months so essentially will have mostly 2 phones (one iOS/one Android) for most of the year. But unfortunately the holiday season phone release schedule causes this multiple phone headache !!

lol, I try and spread it out and basically funnel my personal toys through my son!! only 11 year old I know that "needed" a dell xps 13 for 5th grade!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with flip flopping between the two. You could easily use both and not have much issue at all. Just stick to Google services with your iPhone and it would be smooth sailing. I like both platforms, but mostly need to stick to one. If I could financially do it, I'd have an Android phone/tablet/Chromebook and an iPhone/MBP and a Windows Laptop. So for now it'll be my 6P once it comes in and either the Pixel C or a top shelf Windows laptop.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

Hope you aren't running up credit cards for all that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPad mini that's collecting dust since I got the Nexus 6. also sold my MacBook and for the XPS 13. I use two phones but can't be bothered swapping SIMs. I have a feeling you won't be swapping all that much once the 6p arrives!

I have changed a little bit lately... I changed in this order. Note 4, iPhone 6+, Galaxy S6, ASUS ZenFone, LG G4, and now my Moto X Pure Edition.

Some of us have issues ^_^ haha.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This thread makes me feel so much better! I have 3 lines for myself so I can play around. For 100/month I have two lines on T-Mobile each with unlimited data, and a Project Fi line that I don't use much so comes out to somewhere between 30 and 40/month. One of my T-Mobile lines is my "apple line", and the other is my "android line".

Because I have an android phone on my Project Fi as well (which is the one getting the 6P), my T-Mo android line may become my "Windows phone line" if Microsoft's announcements tomorrow are compelling enough, but we'll see...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs