US version to use internationally?

James Mead

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the nexus 6p in the US on my next visit, but I live in the UK and I'm not sure if it'll work on the LTE bands we have.

Anyone have any ideas? Oh and also, as we can't get Google wallet, does anyone know if i could sell the $50 play credit any where?

Thanks!

James

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the nexus 6p in the US on my next visit, but I live in the UK and I'm not sure if it'll work on the LTE bands we have.

Anyone have any ideas? Oh and also, as we can't get Google wallet, does anyone know if i could sell the $50 play credit any where?

Thanks!

James

it will work on all bands in the world

See this:

The Nexus 6P and 5X are compatible with major carriers in the U.S. — here are the full radio band listings | Android Central

James Mead

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So i'm on o2 and they used band 20 for LTE, so if I bought this phone, what would happen? Would I just get 4G speeds instead of LTE?

mtndew2756

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
So i'm on o2 and they used band 20 for LTE, so if I bought this phone, what would happen? Would I just get 4G speeds instead of LTE?

To my knowledge, yes. I've spent quite a few weeks working in the EU over the past few months using my old HTC One M7 which has very few LTE bands and I get 4G speeds everywhere. I'm relocating to Luxembourg in a few months so I had similar questions about bands. In the end I went with the 6P as it has bands 3 and 7 which covers the LTE in Lux. Though 20 is very common throughout the rest of the EU, I figured 4G speeds are fine enough for when I travel, at least thats my assumption. I may be regretting that decision next year and may look to sell my US 6P and grab the intl version.