What color did you choose and why?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I got 64gb frost... I just wish the front bezel had the color to match.

The graphite called my name at first, but after I saw pics and video post-announcement I changed my mind.

K_O

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know (or have a good understanding of) how the Frost and Graphite are colored? Meaning, the phone is aluminum so how is the Frost and Graphite color attached/infused/ on the phone.

The reason I ask is that I like the Graphite color but my concern is that its Graphite color only on the surface so one scratch (or drop) will reveal aluminum underneath and be extremely visible (due to Graphite just being the color on the surface).

Anyone?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know (or have a good understanding of) how the Frost and Graphite are colored? Meaning, the phone is aluminum so how is the Frost and Graphite color attached/infused/ on the phone.

The reason I ask is that I like the Graphite color but my concern is that its Graphite color only on the surface so one scratch (or drop) will reveal aluminum underneath and be extremely visible (due to Graphite just being the color on the surface).

Anyone?

If you look at the full specs of the phone you'll see "Material Anodized aluminum". This is very common and yes if you scratch the phone deep enough you will see it.

K_O

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
If you look at the full specs of the phone you'll see "Material Anodized aluminum". This is very common and yes if you scratch the phone deep enough you will see it.

So going with Aluminum then will minimize the aluminum showing through on a scratch or do you think it would just as visible as the Aluminum color is just a color on top of Anodized aluminum and would show equally as much? Thanks.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So going with Aluminum then will minimize the aluminum showing through on a scratch or do you think it would just as visible as the Aluminum color is just a color on top of Anodized aluminum and would show equally as much? Thanks.

I think going aluminum is a safer bet that graphite or even frost. Think of the color as a dye.

I'm sure people will post a lot of pictures when the phone comes out and we'll see for sure. For what it's worth I strongly considered the aluminum option but went graphite myself.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I preordered graphite but after looking at the photos of the phones more carefully I decided to cancel that order and switched to aluminum, I also added the protection plan.

Posted via the Android Central App

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I preordered graphite but after looking at the photos of the phones more carefully I decided to cancel that order and switched to aluminum, I also added the protection plan.

Posted via the Android Central App

I was very close to doing the same but so far sticking with the graphite. This is the first time I've ever second guessed myself on a phone color option.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I was very close to doing the same but so far sticking with the graphite. This is the first time I've ever second guessed myself on a phone color option.
It was a close call for me. The desire to get the protection plan was the key factor. It can't be added so I had to cancel and reorder. But for the protection plan I wouldn't have bothered.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Frost 64gb for me. Seems like frost is the underdog here. Graphite didn't strike me and my current phone (m8) is aluminum. Frost is something different

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

LezCronut

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Graphite feels like Apple's Space Gray? If it does, boy it looks
damn cool. Black aluminium mamamia.
But I've always had black smartphones. Confused here.

LezCronut

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll go for Graphite 64GB
Then the back black bar gets less attention

Wow. Exactly what I think! The problem is "the unibrow". Besides the fact that black aluminium is very cool, it takes away the attention from the unibrow. It sort of blends in.
I've seen Apple's Space Gray, boy it looks drop dead gorgeous.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is the gold one really available in Japan only?

Yes. Google will probably release limited color for Nexus 6P over time. Although the limited color alway comes several months down the line. The limited color may also might not be gold.

The Nexus 6 and 9 did not get any special edition colors. Google may not offer any other color options moving forward.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Ah nice to see you on here :)

Guess the Moto X has gone back then. Thanks to Motorla being crap at everything here in the UK, still not available in stores only online. Motorola really just killed the buzz for me.

Now I'm kinda set on the Frost 6P. Lets hope gorogle dont mess this up but tbh after what I went through with the wait with Moto X I think I've learned my lesson haha. Mind you this is first time ever buying a phone outright or on release.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah nice to see you on here :)

Guess the Moto X has gone back then. Thanks to Motorla being crap at everything here in the UK, still not available in stores only online. Motorola really just killed the buzz for me.

Now I'm kinda set on the Frost 6P. Lets hope gorogle dont mess this up but tbh after what I went through with the wait with Moto X I think I've learned my lesson haha. Mind you this is first time ever buying a phone outright or on release.

Well I've had a nexus 5 since launch (black was an easy option), I didn't think too much of the nexus 6P from the first leaks. It looked like it had a huge camera hump and I figured it would be a small battery and cost as least as much as the nexus 6. I also figured the new nexus 5 was going to be more of the same from what I had and I wanted to get back to a big phone.

So I got the moto figuring it was good hardware and I would use it like a nexus. I have initiated the return on the moto but I'm waiting to send it back because I do enjoy it but the nexus 6P blew me away.

The build, the battery, the price... I just couldn't say no. So going back to a nexus to truly have the latest and greatest. I guess the moto was everything my old nexus was just bigger and better, and now the 6P will be everything my moto is and more.

scottmc129

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I went for aluminum hoping its not anodized that color. Oil from your skin will slowly wear away anodized color. There should be a clear coat or protective coating but who knows. plus natural metal looks super sexy like my aluminum macbook pro :)