curious, what phone(s) are you looking forward to in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know where to ask this, so since I visit the Nexus forum most, I figured why not here.

I'm expecting big things in 2016. The combination of quick charge 3.0, USB-C 3.0/3.1 (hopefully) and the 820 should make for some amazing devices after what I thought was a disappointing 2015.

So many phones were so close, but whether it was a small battery, an overheating chip, or some peculiar omissions like NFC/quick charge in the OP2, this year just didn't deliver.

I also expect Android M to be what LP should've been, and since it's more of a continuation than complete overhaul, I don't expect the same issues to plague so many devices with the new OS. Hopefully, and this is certainly no guarantee, OEMs realize phones are thin enough and people yearn for more battery life.

We also have great cameras in almost every flagship phone, a distribution strategy that allows for less expensive phones, mid range and Chinese brands that force high end phones to either be more competitive with pricing, or deliver a superior product worthy of the higher price tag.

All this combined should make for a very interesting year.

Personally, I'm most looking forward to the HTC M10. If they don't get rid of the black bar I won't even look at it, but if they can freshin up the look, improve on the camera, include most of the bells and whistles we expect, and the 820 is as good as advertised, there's a good chance I'll consider getting it. I'm definitely rooting for them, and just like how they set the pace last year in a negative way, hopefully 2016 will be the opposite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers