Google Nexus 6P People who have ordered from Huawei

zagcollins

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I ordered on 10/27 and as of today was still processing. Their CSR's were no help whatsoever. One told me I'd get shipping info on the 15th with delivery in the 3rd or 4th week. That came and went. Then for a while it was, oh, guaranteed shipping by the end of the month. Then by the 30th. Then today, by tomorrow. What a joke. I'm waiting for my refund so I can order through Google, with Nexus Protect. If ever I did get it through them, I could imagine a repair or RMA wound be just as much a disaster. And even an RMA at this point would **** me off after such a long wait. Ffs, I've had all my accessories for two weeks, yet no phone. Unacceptable.

Posted via the Android Central App

damn, I have read so many of your posts on the 6P and it's sad to read that you are still waiting for your device. Good luck, it's a kick@$$ phone to say the least!

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on 10/27 and as of today was still processing. Their CSR's were no help whatsoever. One told me I'd get shipping info on the 15th with delivery in the 3rd or 4th week. That came and went. Then for a while it was, oh, guaranteed shipping by the end of the month. Then by the 30th. Then today, by tomorrow. What a joke. I'm waiting for my refund so I can order through Google, with Nexus Protect. If ever I did get it through them, I could imagine a repair or RMA wound be just as much a disaster. And even an RMA at this point would **** me off after such a long wait. Ffs, I've had all my accessories for two weeks, yet no phone. Unacceptable.

I am sorry for your experience. When I called two different Huawei reps on the same day last month and got two different answers - I knew that they were clueless. The CS reps have no idea what is going on. Google pulled the same crap last month with preorders but they seemed to have gotten it together. I am glad that you are now ordering the phone through Google. Now you know that will get it in a week or less.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
damn, I have read so many of your posts on the 6P and it's sad to read that you are still waiting for your device. Good luck, it's a kick@$$ phone to say the least!

That's probably why she is pissed off. Anyone else in here would feel the same. In 2015, you shouldn't need to cancel an order and order through someone else (that's what I did just this moment). But really, it says a lot about this company Google had let build one of the new Nexus'.

mattsican

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Huawei built a really good phone. They apparently suck at anything customer service related. I had ordered 10/20 and after getting the run around I eventually ordered one from Google 11/10 and I had it within a day or two. I'm sure Google partnered with them for making the device rather than their customer service skills. Based on the quality of the 6P I'd buy another Huawei device without hesitation.... Just not from them directly.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Maybe Google should take that into account. Customer Service is part of the process. With tech getting as good as it is you need to differentiate yourself, good CS goes a long way. And huwaei has a lot to learn. As did Google, but they learned.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys. It's disappointing, yeah. But lesson learned. I tried ordering from there thinking I'd save on tax, but I realize you can't skimp on a purchase like this and not expect to be screwed with one way or another. You gotta go all in. At least I know that with Nexus Protect I'll be able to deal with any issues that arise for $70 a pop, direct with Google, no hassle.

mattsican

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Has the manufacturers previously sold the Nexus devices directly before? I'm almost wondering if Google got some sort of deal if they allowed Huawei to sell them directly. I don't think Google would or should really care about Huawei's CS. I'm sure they're happy with everyone cancelling their Huawei orders and order thru them directly. It's the exact same product they're both selling so wouldn't that make Huawei a competitor?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Not that it matters. But I took to twitter and brought Google in to the mess. My shipment is prepping now. Oh well, now I guess I will have two. So much for cancelling. Just in time too, my Fi Holiday Lego set showed up today as well.

TomRubin

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I was quoted by the end of November for my phone to ship. I called Affirm this morning to see how the cancellation process goes on their end.
I then called Huawei customer support and got the run around there. The rep finally said by the end of the week. My next call was to Huawei Corporate.
Spoke to a nice woman and she transferred me to their e-commerce guy. Left him a voicemail.

I then decided to call Huawei out on Twiiter and I included Google in my second tweet.

30 minutes later I got a shipping email from Huawei. I rarely ever complain on Twitter, but this was getting ridiculous. Had I not already made a payment to Affirm, I would have considered this a learning experience and either cancelled the order or dealt with the delay.

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Finally received this all I can say is I called them every day pestering them like crazy and threaten to buy a iphone:)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER FROM HUAWEI OFFICIAL STORE.

We are preparing your order for shipment. You will receive another email with a tracking number within the next 48 hours.

zagcollins

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Maybe Google should take that into account. Customer Service is part of the process. With tech getting as good as it is you need to differentiate yourself, good CS goes a long way. And huwaei has a lot to learn. As did Google, but they learned.

Here in India, literally all companies struggle at CS, with Apple slightly better than the rest. Huawei CS has been really sh**** for those who have had an issue with their offline purchase. The online buyers are being forced to go through replacement after replacement, the unlucky ones that is. Luckily, I have a super piece.

I know it's tech, but it shouldn't boil down to dumb luck after shelling out roughly USD 620.

Guy Katz

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Welp, I was trying to be patient, since Huawei had originally told me my 10/24/15 order would ship by late November. Here it is 11/30/15, and still no email, with my order still listed as "Processing." Customer service rep (who was very nice) told me all he could do was escalate to corporate, and they might be give me a credit on the Huawei Store for something else. But I didn't want to buy anything else from this store with this kind of service, so I told them just to cancel the order and give me a refund. No problem there, and then I went to the Google Store to order the same 128 GB aluminium 6P, this time with Nexus Protect. Delivering 12/4-12/8. Ahhhh, much easier.:D

B.Diddy, did you get the refund right away? or r you still waiting?

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Finally received this all I can say is I called them every day pestering them like crazy and threaten to buy a iphone:)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER FROM HUAWEI OFFICIAL STORE.

We are preparing your order for shipment. You will receive another email with a tracking number within the next 48 hours.

Just a heads up, don't count on that follow-up email. I never received one when I ordered and got my shipping email. Best thing to do is register on UPS and FedEx to track any orders that are coming to your shipping address. MyUPS sends me texts for when something ships, estimated arrival, and when it was delivered. That is the only way I knew mine had actually shipped and was in transit.

This is sound advice for anyone who is anticipating their new 6P.

Guy Katz

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
its strange to me that shipping estimates in their site says early - mid December yet people that bought in late October with November shipping dates did not get theirs...

Guy Katz

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Just a heads up, don't count on that follow-up email. I never received one when I ordered and got my shipping email. Best thing to do is register on UPS and FedEx to track any orders that are coming to your shipping address. MyUPS sends me texts for when something ships, estimated arrival, and when it was delivered. That is the only way I knew mine had actually shipped and was in transit.

This is sound advice for anyone who is anticipating their new 6P.

so you never got you phone even though a heads up mail was sent to you?

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
so you never got you phone even though a heads up mail was sent to you?

I'm saying that I received my first email stating they would send me a follow-up email with shipping/tracking information. I received my phone without any second email regarding tracking information from Huawei. I did, however, receive updates from My UPS. That is why I suggest registering for one in order to actually get tracking updates for your phone.

Guy Katz

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm saying that I received my first email stating they would send me a follow-up email with shipping/tracking information. I received my phone without any second email regarding tracking information from Huawei. I did, however, receive updates from My UPS. That is why I suggest registering for one in order to actually get tracking updates for your phone.

thanks. BTW, how much time passed between your huawei mail and the actual delivery date?

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks. BTW, how much time passed between your huawei mail and the actual delivery date?

Received my Huawei email on November 2nd, UPS Quantum View for MyUPS email on November 4th, and the phone arrived November 6th. I also ordered it on October 7th.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke