Nexus 6p on att

david818

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently under contract until December and using a note 3. Can I just ask them for a nano sim card or would I have to wait til my contract is up???

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
In theory, they should not care, as long as you keep making the contract payments on the old phone, and turn in the old SIM to assure that you can't have two active phones for the price of one. In practice, it all depends on which agent you get when you ask.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently under contract until December and using a note 3. Can I just ask them for a nano sim card or would I have to wait til my contract is up???

I switched to nexus 4 few years ago when i was just 1 year in to the contract.
so they dont care about it as long as you keep the service

RoadTripEric

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes - they will swap the SIM and make it active. I just did that going from my LG G4 (Unlocked) to my Moto X Pure (Unlocked) and I asked if there was a problem if the SIM was different for Nexus 6P and they said no. However the SIM is the same anyway for me from Moto X to 6P.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm turning in my Note 4 since I'm eligible for upgrade and just switching out the sim to my 6P. Also for those wondering, for the NEXT plans as long as you bring your own device, you still get the plan $25 discount per line by doing that.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm turning in my Note 4 since I'm eligible for upgrade and just switching out the sim to my 6P. Also for those wondering, for the NEXT plans as long as you bring your own device, you still get the plan $25 discount per line by doing that.

Did you finish paying it off or they allowing you to turn it in and stop the remaining payments?

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It shouldn't be difficult, the old sim will be deactivated once the new one is active. Might as well go try to get it now unactivated so you can just call it in when you get the 6P. I've also had customer support send me a sim for free because I was too lazy to go to the store. But all in all they shouldn't give you too much grief

Posted via the Android Central App

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am on the AT&T Go phone plan---monthly prepaid, so all I was going to do was take the Sim from my Nexus 5 and stick it into my Nexus 6P. Will that work or do I need to go to the AT&T store?

Posted via Android Central App

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
You could just cut your card and put into your nexus. I bought a nano to micro Sim kit from amazon so that I could switch back and forth.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

david818

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your help guys.hopefully google restocks soon. dont know if i should wait or go through huawei with their payment plan

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks for your help guys.hopefully google restocks soon. dont know if i should wait or go through huawei with their payment plan

Personal from my experience with Motorola and the Nexus 6, I would get it from the Play Store if you can.

Also, it's a good idea to get the Nano SIM and just get a SIM card adapter to make switching phones easier.

Do not even have to call in when switching devices unless you are running an iPhone for the first time on your line and need to enable tethering.

Bouncing between Android or Windows Phones has been zero issues on either pre or post paid lives for me.

Via the Nexus 6 and new AC app

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Just turning in the phone. You're not obligated to pay off the entire phone as long as you hit your 12, 18, or 24 month payment time.

If you turn your phone in without paying the rest of it, you are obligated to lease another phone, however. That's how they get you.

Posted via the Android Central App

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I am on att next and have a few more payments left. They should let me swap phones and still finish the payments right?

I intend to sell my iPhone 6.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I am on att next and have a few more payments left. They should let me swap phones and still finish the payments right?

I intend to sell my iPhone 6.

They don't care what phone you use. All they care about is you making your payments. Only one sim card at a time will work. I use mine on three different phones.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
They don't care what phone you use. All they care about is you making your payments. Only one sim card at a time will work. I use mine on three different phones.

Thats what i thought. And damn 3 phones? I am guessing 1 for work 1 for home and the 3rd?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol