6P Sim card

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Coming from N6 to the 6P am I going to have to change Sim cards. On different sites, I've had people say I need a 4ff csim and sprint int'l said it was the same?! Anybody actually know?

Posted via the Android Central App

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Both devices use a standard 4FF Nano-SIM card; you shouldn't have any trouble.

Edit: I overlooked the Sprint/CDMA/CSIM aspect of this thread the first time around, see my reply below.

Last edited:

infinitereality

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Sprint LG G3 with a micro SIM. I ordered a cutter to knock it down to nano size, but reading this I may need a special SIM. If so, do I have to go waste time in a Sprint store or is there a better option?

Thanks for any info!!

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Sprint LG G3 with a micro SIM. I ordered a cutter to knock it down to nano size, but reading this I may need a special SIM. If so, do I have to go waste time in a Sprint store or is there a better option?

Thanks for any info!!

Talk to int'l customer service. And order a 4FF CSIM V5. They can ship it to you for free, 3-5 day. Or overnight for 10 I think. The only other place would be sprint repair stores, and a lot of them might not have it. I overnighted mine late last night. Should be here tomorrow.

infinitereality

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Talk to int'l customer service. And order a 4FF CSIM V5. They can ship it to you for free, 3-5 day. Or overnight for 10 I think. The only other place would be sprint repair stores, and a lot of them might not have it. I overnighted mine late last night. Should be here tomorrow.

Thanks! Also thank you for pointing this out in the 6p shipping thread, I'd been stuck if it wasn't for you mentioning it. My N6P is still on pending status so not in a hurry. I'm on the phone with them now. :)

infinitereality

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
WOW! My phone call to Sprint had to have been the best call I've ever had with them. Normally it's a headache, just as much as going in the store.

Thanks to everyone, I was able to verify I'm getting the correct SIM with CS. As a bonus, they are even doing overnight for free too! Not sure how quick this stuff goes through processing at Sprint, but possible I'll hopefully have it by Saturday. My 6P is in pending so don't expect it by this weekend, so I'm glad least I won't have to wait to activate it when it does come in.

Thanks again!

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with SIM cutters? I have one but have never used it. I have Cricket and a micro SIM card. It is a major hassle to go to the store to get a new SIM (there are none anywhere near me). Is there anything I should know before I attempt this or tips anyone has?

infinitereality

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with SIM cutters? I have one but have never used it. I have Cricket and a micro SIM card. It is a major hassle to go to the store to get a new SIM (there are none anywhere near me). Is there anything I should know before I attempt this or tips anyone has?

From my understanding, you can't cut down a card that will work in the 6p. it takes a special SIM card and you'll have to call and get one mailed to you.

infinitereality

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got my confirmation from sprint. Even tho she confirmed it, they're sending me a v3 card. Item #LTEGSM REMOV 4FF CSIM V3.. Anyone know if it'll work or I need to change it?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So the Sprint (CDMA/CSIM) aspect of this slipped past me the first time around; I'll quote another post of mine which can be found here:

The Nexus 6 and Nexus 6P both technically use the Nano-SIM (4FF) standard, at least on GSM networks. Sprint, as a CDMA operator, has advanced from R-UIM (Removable User Identity Module, the 'CDMA2000 equivalent' of SIM) to the superseding standard CSIM (CDMA Subscriber Identity Module).

These smartcards are known as UICCs, and the CSIM cards roll all the R-UIM components (SIM, USIM, CSIM) into one smartcard package. In the past, UICCs have been tied to single device by means of a hardware transceiver identifier. In order to swap the module into a new device, one had to update this hardware pairing information in Sprint's systems first. Theoretically, these new CSIM cards should allow hot-swapping without issue. Unfortunately, the Nexus 6's UICC is of an older revision than that supported by the 5X and 6P (referenced by Sprint as CSIM V520150915), so you'll need a new UICC.

The Sprint SKU for the Nexus 6 UICC is CZ2124LWC.
The Sprint SKU for the Nexus 6P UICC is CZ2144LWC, the Sprint UPC is 019962040146, the Sprint part number SIMGLW446C.

Wikipedia | Universal Integrated Circuit Card
WIkipedia | Subscriber Identity Module
Wikipedia | CDMA Subscriber Identity Module
Wikipedia | Removable User Identity Module
Sprint: About Removable UICC Cards

Standards change, and so we should accept a reasonable amount of change as well. Pretty soon, we won't even have physical smartcards... from MWC in Barcelona, this year: PRLOG: Simless unveils world's first GSM phone without a SIM card slot

infinitereality

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh geez!!!! Sprint just lived up to their reputation, I should have known better. I could hear call #1 fine, no broken english. Call #2 wasn't easy to understand or get him to understand me.

Trying to talk to these people is ridiculous.
1- it's the first time they've heard of a N6P
2- They tried to make me wait for the wrong SIM card even after I explained to them 2x why I was calling
3- I gave them the exact info when I ordered it the first time yet screwed it up
4- Tried several times to give me the wrong SIM card on call #2
5- Now they want me to pay shipping because I "called" to order, even though call #1 said it was free. I told them I'm okay with paying shipping if it was overnight. I really doubt it'll be overnighted to me. Which I'm sure I'll be calling again tomorrow about that once I get the order confirmation.
6- Took me 45min on call #2 to get the correct one

I'm glad I don't have my phone yet, as I have no clue when it'll come in. As of right now, actually glad I didn't get a shipping notice yet for it which means I won't see it till next week and hopefully with a correct SIM card in hand.

Thank you very much for this thread and the information on it, without it I wouldn't known I had the wrong card first time and to get the correct one ordered. BIG THANKS! :D

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Sprint nano sim card on order from this phone number:

888-882-4030

With this SKU:

CZ2144LWC

They didn't need the UPC but if you need it:

Reference:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/co...devices/android/nexus-devices/nexus-5x-and-6p

(the phone number is different. I tried the one in the link first and they transferred me to the number I listed above)

All in all it was pretty easy and there was no charge for the 3-5 business day shipping to my house.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh geez!!!! Sprint just lived up to their reputation, I should have known better. I could hear call #1 fine, no broken english. Call #2 wasn't easy to understand or get him to understand me.

Trying to talk to these people is ridiculous.
1- it's the first time they've heard of a N6P
2- They tried to make me wait for the wrong SIM card even after I explained to them 2x why I was calling
3- I gave them the exact info when I ordered it the first time yet screwed it up
4- Tried several times to give me the wrong SIM card on call #2
5- Now they want me to pay shipping because I "called" to order, even though call #1 said it was free. I told them I'm okay with paying shipping if it was overnight. I really doubt it'll be overnighted to me. Which I'm sure I'll be calling again tomorrow about that once I get the order confirmation.
6- Took me 45min on call #2 to get the correct one

I'm glad I don't have my phone yet, as I have no clue when it'll come in. As of right now, actually glad I didn't get a shipping notice yet for it which means I won't see it till next week and hopefully with a correct SIM card in hand.

Thank you very much for this thread and the information on it, without it I wouldn't known I had the wrong card first time and to get the correct one ordered. BIG THANKS! :D

If you can I would do it on their website. Log in and go to the contact us page, and find int'l support. Put in a brief description and your good to go