Noooo, wrong sim size...

bigbadtone

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So got my Nexus 6p today (uk), it looks and feels amazing. Popped out the sim from my Nexus 5 and nooooo, its too big.

If only I'd read up on this first. Down to phone shop tomorrow to get it cut. PAH!

bigbadtone

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 5 sim is a micro. 6p wants a nano, which is smaller. I don't have a printer to print out template so I can't cut it myself :(

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
So got my Nexus 6p today (uk), it looks and feels amazing. Popped out the sim from my Nexus 5 and nooooo, its too big.

If only I'd read up on this first. Down to phone shop tomorrow to get it cut. PAH!

Yep. The Nexus 5 used a micro SIM, and the 6P uses a nano SIM. Wireless carriers will usually give you a replacement for free, if this helps anyone else. Most phones from the past year or so are already using nano SIMs, so if you have an older phone it may be an issue.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
or as said, just walk into your carrier and get a new SIM. will take 5 minutes, and if there is a charge at all it'll be like $5.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 5 sim is a micro. 6p wants a nano, which is smaller. I don't have a printer to print out template so I can't cut it myself :(

They started using the nano sim since at least the latter half of 2013, because I know the original Moto X and 2013 Droids all used a nano sim, as well as the iPhone. So it's not really anything new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci