Amoled Screen burn in is back!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Every member of my family has had Samsung SAMOLED phones. I haven't noticed burn in on any. I still use my old Galaxy S3 as a music player at the gym, and just looked at it. No burn in.

The only concern I would have with the new Nexus is the softkeys at the bottom of the screen. They're on all the time. Everything else on my screen changes often enough I'm not worried at all.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's going to happen, just like dead pixels, phone drops, and so on. I didn't want to buy the 6p for that reason then I just said screw it, buy it, enjoy it, don't think about it.

But I will have to say, I went to go play with the S6 edge display about a month ago and burn in is a bit noticeable but that's with a display unit that had been on 24/7 for months and its just barely noticeable.

Get the Nexus protect and if it bothers you from months 13-24, file a claim. Or file a claim before you buy a new one and have a fresh phone on your hands.

Nexus 6P

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: amoled burn in

Uh oh I'm ready noticing some burn on my nexus 6p but only when I download the amoled burn fixer app with an all gray background. I guess there really isn't any real way to avoid this, its very faint and subtle though I hope it doesn't get worse

Posted via the Android Central App

The Burn 'Fixer' is actually a bad application that actually makes it worse.

quorky

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmm, never experienced it on any of the Galaxy lines, but I never really run them above half brightness anyhow.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I actually own both the S6 Edge Plus and the Nexus 6p. I've run a few identical burn-in tests on each device. The Edge Plus absolutely had no issues but the Nexus 6p showed *slight* signs of image retention with the on-screen buttons. When I say slightly, I mean barely noticeable, but it's worth mentioning. Could be a sign of more issues in the future.

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Can i fix my galaxy s6 screen.
Can you see the top of the screen (right) . It looks like ghosting apps pops up and never disappear. And second problem is , got 2 grey or black spot on the rear camera. Can you help me fix this two problems.

Attachments

• 1876.jpg
    1876.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 97

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's just part of OLED. It's like your car brakes. No matter how you use them, it will wear out.
This is why I prefer LCD but the best way to deal with it to just not worry.

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't know the difference between burn in and ghosting but if I turn my screen sideways with a white background the area where the buttons were is lighter and I can see a very faint outline of the buttons in yellow. Doesn't bother me as i only see it on white background and I have to look hard to see it.

Harshaan

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I have seen a lot of posts, and some site reviews worried about screen burn in with this Samsung AMOLED Display. What am I missing here. Samsung has had AMOLED on their flagship phones for years, and I don't recall anybody saying anything about burn in worries on these phones. Why is everyone freaking out about the N6P. This is a Samsung panel. Did they leave out the secret sauce or something?

Harshaan

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
My 6p has burn in, and yes it's not an exaggeratio, it's because of the on screen buttons, that are on when you do pretty much anything on the phone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member