Make sure all your info is correct on preorder!

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
So, I placed my order for the 6p on Oct 5, 32gb graphite with nexus protect. At first they were having trouble because my billing address and shipping are different, but I called and they said they fixed the issue and everything was good to go. Well today out of the blue I get an email saying my order has been canceled. I call and ask why and they can't tell me why, just that it got cancelled.

They tell me that the only way to reinstate my order is to place a new one on the site. I tell him they're out of stock and I can't order anymore and that i was supposed to get a $50 gift card. He says sorry for your luck, there's nothing I can do.

Long story short, make sure everything matches because evidently they're having some issues over there. Looks like they haven't completely cleaned up those order issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a big bummer.:'( You could order from the Huawei Store instead. Depending on what state you live in, you might not have to pay sales tax, which is around $50 anyway.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Be careful ordering from Huawei. Alot of **** hurt xda peeps because Huawei won't tell them the exact minute their phone will delivered...

Posted via the Android Central App

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind ordering from Huawei, but they don't have any sort of protection for the phone that I could see. I could ask Verizon if my assurion would work for it though.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It comes with a warranty.

A warranty and insurance are two very different things. A warranty only fixes factory defects / problems not caused by you. Nexus Protect or insurance protects you against accidents that you cause.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Online shopping 101 - if you want painless experience, make sure if possible to have the shipping address same as billing address. I know sometimes people want to ship to their office etc but if you want the order not be cancelled etc best is to have both addresses match.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My plan is to get a SquareTrade policy. The price is comparable to Nexus Protect, . The main disadvantage, I think, is that you only get one replacement with Square Trade, while Nexus Protect will allow two claims during the protection period. I suppose with Square Trade, there might be less chance of getting a new replacement--they might push for repair first.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Online shopping 101 - if you want painless experience, make sure if possible to have the shipping address same as billing address. I know sometimes people want to ship to their office etc but if you want the order not be cancelled etc best is to have both addresses match.

I totally understand that. However they sure haven't been complaining charging the same card every month for Google Music and app purchases 😢

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
My plan is to get a SquareTrade policy. The price is comparable to Nexus Protect, . The main disadvantage, I think, is that you only get one replacement with Square Trade, while Nexus Protect will allow two claims during the protection period. I suppose with Square Trade, there might be less chance of getting a new replacement--they might push for repair first.

I'll look in to it. One replacement should be fine as I'll probably get a new phone same time next year anyway.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I placed my order for the 6p on Oct 5, 32gb graphite with nexus protect. At first they were having trouble because my billing address and shipping are different, but I called and they said they fixed the issue and everything was good to go. Well today out of the blue I get an email saying my order has been canceled. I call and ask why and they can't tell me why, just that it got cancelled.

They tell me that the only way to reinstate my order is to place a new one on the site. I tell him they're out of stock and I can't order anymore and that i was supposed to get a $50 gift card. He says sorry for your luck, there's nothing I can do.

Long story short, make sure everything matches because evidently they're having some issues over there. Looks like they haven't completely cleaned up those order issues.

This just happened to me I ordered day one expected delivery end of oct early nov and out of nowhere i go to check the status yesterday canceled, i called them and was told they were reviewing the order to make sure my account wasn't hacked or something the reason i have two credit cards on file with google wallet which to me is not something out of the ordinary anyway it was canceled and the rep couldn't tell me why we escalated they then said the bank rejected the order and they do not know why as my billing and shipping was the same. I called Citibank and had them send me a secure message in writing. here is where it gets nuts Citibank explained that google sent over a verification with my shipping address and for billing address it was just a zipecode so the bank rejected it. I took this to the google rep as he instructed they escalated again after being on the phone for 2hrs i was told yeah we are not sure how that happened but you will need to order again I explained this is crap its your fault for not sending over the billing address correctly, google rep responded with sorry sir i understand how upset you must be and then offered to help me order again. I stated IT IS OUT OF STOCK can't you see that on your end I want my original order he said sorry it goes to next inline. Long story short you are screwed we messed up and there is nothing we can do as the device is out of stock and we can't put it back in for you. I went off in the survey like they care...

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
This just happened to me I ordered day one expected delivery end of oct early nov and out of nowhere i go to check the status yesterday canceled, i called them and was told they were reviewing the order to make sure my account wasn't hacked or something the reason i have two credit cards on file with google wallet which to me is not something out of the ordinary anyway it was canceled and the rep couldn't tell me why we escalated they then said the bank rejected the order and they do not know why as my billing and shipping was the same. I called Citibank and had them send me a secure message in writing. here is where it gets nuts Citibank explained that google sent over a verification with my shipping address and for billing address it was just a zipecode so the bank rejected it. I took this to the google rep as he instructed they escalated again after being on the phone for 2hrs i was told yeah we are not sure how that happened but you will need to order again I explained this is crap its your fault for not sending over the billing address correctly, google rep responded with sorry sir i understand how upset you must be and then offered to help me order again. I stated IT IS OUT OF STOCK can't you see that on your end I want my original order he said sorry it goes to next inline. Long story short you are screwed we messed up and there is nothing we can do as the device is out of stock and we can't put it back in for you. I went off in the survey like they care...

For lack of a better phrase, I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one and I'm not crazy. Bunch of bs though and when they do actually let me order, if I don't go through Huawei, I'm gonna call and see about that damn gift card. They didn't even send me a survey, bastards.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have used square trade many times but never had a claim , thankfully. I ordered the aluminum 64GB 6P this morning and got the nexus protect also. I was going to order from Huawei but was giving it a few more weeks becuase I wanted nexus protect and just in case I had any issues, I knew what to expect with the google play store.

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I totally understand that. However they sure haven't been complaining charging the same card every month for Google Music and app purchases ??????

Google Play and Google Music purchases are not some of the most fraudulent transactions which happen on credit cards. Purchases of cellphones and computers are.

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

Someone stole the . [period] key from your cellphone

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have used square trade many times but never had a claim , thankfully. I ordered the aluminum 64GB 6P this morning and got the nexus protect also. I was going to order from Huawei but was giving it a few more weeks becuase I wanted nexus protect and just in case I had any issues, I knew what to expect with the google play store.

I bit the bullet and paid the extra $50 for a 64gb today also. Charge went through no problem this time, so hopefully a phone will show up at my door in a few weeks.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I bit the bullet and paid the extra $50 for a 64gb today also. Charge went through no problem this time, so hopefully a phone will show up at my door in a few weeks.

Yes they charged my Amex as well. Not sure if it was a temporary charge or not. I guess I will know in a few days. My confirmation email says estimated ship date of November 18-20. Can't wait!

Kashif Salahuddin

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This makes me nervous because I misspelled Ave. In my address I put Av, I called up they said it's OK but I guess I'll have to wait and see. My status just changed to processing, hope that's a good sign.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes they charged my Amex as well. Not sure if it was a temporary charge or not. I guess I will know in a few days. My confirmation email says estimated ship date of November 18-20. Can't wait!
Ordered 10/29, 64 GB Al, Ship 11/16-17. Credit card charged on 10/29, still there. Processing since 10/30. Forever optimist in me is hoping for shipping this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt