Notification sounds not working correctly

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I changed my default notification and specific to certain contact notification. It shows that they have changed, however, it will not play the sound that I assigned them. As of right now I only notice it in hangouts. Haven't tried other places.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I changed my default notification and specific to certain contact notification. It shows that they have changed, however, it will not play the sound that I assigned them. As of right now I only notice it in hangouts. Haven't tried other places.

Try a reboot. I think this was a problem going back to lollipop. I know I have that issue on my nexus 6 occasionally. I'll notice it when I go to unlock/lock the phone and the sound won't play.

Posted via the Android Central App

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm having a problem too

Try a reboot. I think this was a problem going back to lollipop. I know I have that issue on my nexus 6 occasionally. I'll notice it when I go to unlock/lock the phone and the sound won't play.

No, it is a bug where if you change the default notification tone it is supposed to asked for permission access to internal storage from the app and it is not doing that. You need to go into the app settings in the main settings menu and give the app permission;

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
No, it is a bug where if you change the default notification tone it is supposed to asked for permission access to internal storage from the app and it is not doing that. You need to go into the app settings in the main settings menu and give the app permission;

I'm really not liking the new app permissions. I prefer the old method, at install it lists them all. I had a feeling this would gimp apps in some way or another.

enyce9

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That's was it thanks

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will try this. Thank you!

K_O

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem in Lollipop on my Nexus 5 with Hangouts. Got too frustrated and just switched to Messenger for my texts ... never looked back.

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
could it be many apps have not been optimized to marshmallow yet ??

I'm wondering this as well. After the most recent update Snapchat won't give sound notifications (but the light will still blink and the vibrate will still work).

My email app (fastmail) has the opposite issue, where the sound will work but the light won't blink.

Confounding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae