Screen Color

SaddleSC

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Having had mine now for a couple of days, and comparing it to my iPhone 6s Plus the screen is very yellow and unfortunately quite uneven. With pink tinge in the left and creamy on the right. Hmmm. Not very good.

I agree...it is the unevenness of my 6P screen that I have a problem with. I don't mind a warmer temperature as long as the color is uniform. Mine is very yellow/warm in the center and pure white at the bottom and top.

My iPhone 6S, MXPE and N5 are all quite different, but they are all uniform across each individual screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah same if my brightness is low ill see some rainbow and over saturation I thought my 6p was damaged but after I turned the brightness up it was fine, same thing with my friends nexus 6 it's just an amoled thing lol

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 6p yet, but comparing my Nexus 7 to my Droid Turbo, the N7 appears to have a true white appearance where the Turbo looks more like a dirty white. That was with both a full brightness. It's possible that the LCD display on the N7 gets brighter than the AMOLED on the Turbo, which would explain why the Turbo looks dimmer. I'll do another test when my 6p gets here.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree...it is the unevenness of my 6P screen that I have a problem with. I don't mind a warmer temperature as long as the color is uniform. Mine is very yellow/warm in the center and pure white at the bottom and top.

My iPhone 6S, MXPE and N5 are all quite different, but they are all uniform across each individual screen.

All LCD vs an amoled. I've never been a fan of whtes on amoled in general. And often they aren't uniform compared to LCD. If its really bad I'd exchange it but they all sort of look that way to me until my eyes forget what other screens look like.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
My 6P has a slightly uneven backlight from left to right - pink tinge on the left. Colour is definitely more creamy than say an LG G4. But overall the phone is excellent and I've had a number of Samsung devices over the years with the same slight unevenness. But no device is ever perfect. Except my iPhone 6s Plus which for once doesn't have the screen quality issues that plague iPhone at launch. If you want to see an uneven screen visit any Apple store and check out the iPhone 6.

Actually the N6P does not have a back light. I put this phone next to my OnePlus One, and they looked almost identical.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
for those of you complaining about how severe it is, can you take pics? I'm trying to figure out if mine is yellow hued, or my eyes jsut aren't used to the oversaturation. sRGB makes it look too dull and flat though

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I posted in the other thread as well but my 6P has a yellow hue on the top half of the screen, and very pink on the bottom. I will be getting a replacement for sure. For what it's worth I went through three galaxy S6's before I found one without the pink/yellow hue issue. I was at the store yesterday and all three of their Note 5's on display had the same issue to varying degrees. Anyone wanting to see tons of sample photos just google image search "galaxy s6 pink hue" and the first dozen images or so show the issue quite well. It's either a Samsung thing or an OLED thing, but unfortunately there is some pretty significant variation in the displays leaving the factory.

Looks just like this if it lets me post the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/getting-replacement-s6-due-to-screen-t3074865

Sapristi

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
For those of you that have already received your phone, how do your whites look? My 6P has VERY yellow whites in comparison to my Note 5, so much so that I am thinking of returning it, the color is just awful. Any feedback is appreciated.

Just got my 6P and exact same problem. The color looks terrible. Compared to my note 3 it's like watching colorized black and white movies. What did you end up doing? Thanks for advice.