Nova Launcher on 6p

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Using Nova prime on my 6P and do have some toggles in the settings that won't move. Don't have the swipe down notification bug though. Figured Nova and Google would fix soon enough.

cane prevost1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Found the notification bug.... It happens if I swipe down from the middle of the phone. If i swipe from the top of the phone it's quick. Strange.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Found the notification bug.... It happens if I swipe down from the middle of the phone. If i swipe from the top of the phone it's quick. Strange.

Swiping down from the top is default Android, regardless of the launcher. That's why it's fast.

Swiping down anywhere else on the screen is a Nova specific gesture (or any other Launcher with gestures). You can change the swipe down Nova action to anything you want, not just getting the notifications.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have Nova Prime and had it on all my Samsung devices. The moment I switched to vanilla android aka nexus phones, I stopped using it. Google launcher on Nexus 6p is so freaking smooth and feels natural. I would not want it another way :)

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have Nova Prime and had it on all my Samsung devices. The moment I switched to vanilla android aka nexus phones, I stopped using it. Google launcher on Nexus 6p is so freaking smooth and feels natural. I would not want it another way :)

Too much missing for me, personally. Icon packs, adjustable columns/rows, gestures - just to name three. Yeah, I'll agree that Google Launcher *is* fast, but just so many options to lose. Plus, Nova's still plenty fast on my 6P.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Too much missing for me, personally. Icon packs, adjustable columns/rows, gestures - just to name three. Yeah, I'll agree that Google Launcher *is* fast, but just so many options to lose. Plus, Nova's still plenty fast on my 6P.

I understand. I never thought I can live without Nova Prime. I was an icon guy myself but there is something about vanilla android that just sucked me in. I'm am now all pure android except for my keyboard. Google keyboard was not enough to win me over from SwiftKey, and trust me a tired ;)

FiveOverEight

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

+1 The columns and rows are a must for me. Can't be doing with chunky icons and the like. It's the first thing I installed on my 6P.

redduc900

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
You can always change the density from the default of 560 dpi to the native density of 493 dpi...

I can't post links, so just do a search for "How to make your Nexus 6 screen bigger"

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12