Nova Launcher on 6p

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I use the swipe down gesture (nova) to toggle the notification bar. When I do this the notification bar pulls down but REALLY slowly, like 3 or 4 seconds to get all the way down. Anyone else have this?

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I setup swipe down for Expand notifications, and Swipe down (two fingers) to Expand quick settings... the first time I did two down it was fairly slow, but it has gone faster since I set that up a few hours ago.

It's probably a bug either with Marshmallow, or with Nova. Personally, I don't think it's a big issue. Report it to Nova and see what they say.

Sam Lambert

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Check on their Google Plus community, I haven't checked for your problem but they often answer people with issues. An update may be coming soon.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Spoke to Nova. They said it is a bug introduced in Marshmallow and affects all third party launchers. They submitted it during the preview period, the bug was accepted by Google, but is still there in the initial release. Nova is trying to find a work around. They emailed that info to me.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Spoke to Nova. They said it is a bug introduced in Marshmallow and affects all third party launchers. They submitted it during the preview period, the bug was accepted by Google, but is still there in the initial release. Nova is trying to find a work around. They emailed that info to me.

Yep, just got some feedback on Google+ Beta Group. So they are definitely aware of the issue.

LocationDudeNYC

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

ALL 3rd party launchers? As in, NEXT launcher? I was just about to install it....

redhawk24

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nova on my Note 4, and had been debating whether I would use it on my 6P, or give the Google launcher a chance. I was leaning towards giving it a chance, and having Nova as an option to switch to if I don't like something, and any bugs on Marshmallow support that leaning. Of course, there's a decent chance that the bug is fixed before my 6P shows up!

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Nova on my Note 4, and had been debating whether I would use it on my 6P, or give the Google launcher a chance. I was leaning towards giving it a chance, and having Nova as an option to switch to if I don't like something, and any bugs on Marshmallow support that leaning. Of course, there's a decent chance that the bug is fixed before my 6P shows up!

I tried to give Google launcher a chance but then ran back to Nova. The gesture features are indispensable. Once you get used to them it's hard to go back. Even with the marshmallow notification slide bug.

vomhorizon

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It works just like on the Google now launcher. Nothing to even change. Hold down the circle.

The ok Google voice command keeps taking me to Google now. Is there a way to use the command to search justjust lthe the stock launcher.?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The ok Google voice command keeps taking me to Google now. Is there a way to use the command to search justjust lthe the stock launcher.?

That's an issue with marshmallow I believe, it does that on my Nexus 6. Hopefully the Nova launcher crew can update it to make it work. One thing you can try is, go into the Google now setting now settings and make sure your always listening. I didn't like it on my Nexus 6 but maybe the 6p will do it better.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
The swipe down toggle from anywhere on the home screen gives the same delayed/slow/glitchy pull down on Action Launcher as well. My N6 behaves the same way. Maybe some coding changed or something.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm still on my note 4. Can you tell me how you like the 6p as opposed to the note 4?which do you like better and why

Posted via Android Central App

JefParker

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't the the top bar (notifications) and lower bar (back, home, recent) to be transparent on my Nexus 6p with Nova Launcher. I see the switch under look and feel for making the notification bar transparent, but the switch, while not disabled, will not switch. When I use the Google Now launcher, both the top and bottom bars are transparent. But of course then I can't use custom icons and icon sizes, etc. Any one else have this issue or a fix for it? Thank you!

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't like how big the icons are on the Google now launcher, so I use Nova Prime.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I can't the the top bar (notifications) and lower bar (back, home, recent) to be transparent on my Nexus 6p with Nova Launcher. I see the switch under look and feel for making the notification bar transparent, but the switch, while not disabled, will not switch. When I use the Google Now launcher, both the top and bottom bars are transparent. But of course then I can't use custom icons and icon sizes, etc. Any one else have this issue or a fix for it? Thank you!

Are you using the free Nova launcher or did you pay for Nova Prime?

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Assuming you're using the Prime version, I've been noticing that bug too, where some toggles seem to be locked. I restarted Nova and my phone to get things working again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa