Power button

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Having my 6P now, I realized that the power button is not textured in order to differentiate it in feel from the volume buttons. In all of the unboxing videos that I saw it was. Anyone else have a 6p with no power button texture?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Having my 6P now, I realized that the power button is not textured in order to differentiate it in feel from the volume buttons. In all of the unboxing videos that I saw it was. Anyone else have a 6p with no power button texture?

It's plenty textured. I think it's just that coming from a Nexus 6, the placement for me is different, it seems lower

Posted via the Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It's plenty textured. I think it's just that coming from a Nexus 6, the placement for me is different, it seems lower

Funny thing, I actually find the placement to be a bit higher than the Nexus 6. And in comparing the two, it actually is higher. I do find that the 6P button is way more textured than Nexus 6 though. On the Nexus 6, I had a hard time differentiating the power from the volume rocker, but I don't have that issue with the 6P.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing, I actually find the placement to be a bit higher than the Nexus 6. And in comparing the two, it actually is higher. I do find that the 6P button is way more textured than Nexus 6 though. On the Nexus 6, I had a hard time differentiating the power from the volume rocker, but I don't have that issue with the 6P.

This made me laugh because I'm of the other camp -- I think the power button and volume toggle is too low, its basically centered on the side.

I'd like it to be higher up, I find I end up turning off my N6P instead of raising the volume.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
This made me laugh because I'm of the other camp -- I think the power button and volume toggle is too low, its basically centered on the side.

I'd like it to be higher up, I find I end up turning off my N6P instead of raising the volume.

I completely agree. I also think the fingerprint sensor is way too low.

madcrabs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

This

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I just wish the power button was a little firmer. It's a little too easy to depress and activate, especially when grabbing the phone in a pocket. Several times I've inadvertently launched the camera pulling the phone out of my pocket and I've had to disable the double tap camera launch until I get used to it. Another first world problem...