Nexus 6P Chrome: glitched pixels on right side of screen

craigrs84

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing occasional glitched pixels located on the far right side of screen when scrolling in Chrome.

I'm hoping & assuming this is only a software glitch as I haven't seen it in any other apps except Chrome.

Anyone else notice this? It's a little difficult to see but I can notice it when scrolling. I'm attaching a couple screenshots:

(The screenshots are taken from the google store page store.google.com)

Original Screenshot:
Screenshot_20151031-095840.png

Zoomed In Image:
Screenshot_20151031-095840_2.png

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd try taking a picture of something with a similar color (black, gray, etc) and see if the abnormality is still there. If it is, faulty display, if not, then as CarbonOak said an issue with the Chrome browser.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
After some more tests, I'm pretty sure it's specific to Chrome, as I see it on various websites. It's most obvious on imgur's website and the 'glitches' actually scroll down as you scroll down the websites. But I have not seen it on any apps, including Android Central's in Night mode.

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Interesting thing is that Ive seen similar issues on a desktop PC with Chrome....especially sites with long pages (i.e. Jalopnik, imgur, etc)

As you scroll down eventually you'll get black boxes in spots and you see previous stuff you scrolled past.

Pretty sure its a Chrome issue.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing occasional glitched pixels located on the far right side of screen when scrolling in Chrome.

I'm hoping & assuming this is only a software glitch as I haven't seen it in any other apps except Chrome.

Anyone else notice this? It's a little difficult to see but I can notice it when scrolling. I'm attaching a couple screenshots:

(The screenshots are taken from the google store page store.google.com)

Original Screenshot:
View attachment 203935

Zoomed In Image:
View attachment 203943

Same thing on the 5x. Only in chrome for me. It's annoying and I'm not sure if I need to exchange the device or hope for a chrome update

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=599272

Posted via my 5x

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Exchanging the device would do nothing as it's a problem with the Chrome browser, not with your hardware.

that's what my thinking is, but not every 5x displays the issue. Look at the 5x thread, graffixnyc had 2 5x's, one had the issue, and the other didn't. Again, I'm pretty sure it's chrome but also don't want to miss my 14 day return window if it somehow is hardware.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
that's what my thinking is, but not every 5x displays the issue. Look at the 5x thread, graffixnyc had 2 5x's, one had the issue, and the other didn't. Again, I'm pretty sure it's chrome but also don't want to miss my 14 day return window if it somehow is hardware.

If its a software bug on chrome, doesn't mean it always will show. Chrome has been getting worse for awhile now, I only use it because of bookmark sync.

Posted via the Android Central App

MarkSkarratts

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I have pixels down the right-hand side and along the base of the screen too, when using Chrome. If Google's own apps don't reveal the same issue (Maps didn't) it has to be a Chrome problem.

Down the right it appears to replicate pixels about 1/4” in from the right.

Sean Byrne1

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Also getting this on right side and bottom of screen. Only shows up when scrolling down the web page. Scrolling up makes it go away. I'd post a pic or a link of it happening on an extremely noticible site (dbrand) but apparently my post count is not high enough.....