Transferring Music from PC to Nexus 6P

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
On my Note 4, I had all my music on my micro SD card. I just dumped that folder into the Music folder on the 6P.

I had an iPhone 4S and IMO iTunes was absolutely the worse way to download and organize music. It was one of the main reasons I went back to Android.

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
hey mate just wondering how you did it, when i plug in my nexus 6p theres no folders or anything. I have a flight tomorrow and wanted to drop some movies and music like i did with my old phone. thanks

HELPPPP!!! This quoted post above is my main question. My 6p is my first Nexus phone and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to download my music directly ONTO MY PHONE, not in the cloud. I just transferred 5k+ plus songs into Google Play (which took about 12 hours to upload into the Music Manager, then another 12 hours to "download" into my phone. The problem was that it just put them into the cloud, not in my phone where I want it. I don't download many apps and very very few videos, so the bulk of space used on previous phones has been for music. I've used double twist in the past, but it got glitchy. Maybe it has improved over time. I tried the free Isyncr but that was only 100 songs. So without paying for an app, how do I download the songs that I own into the Nexus 6p? Any help is appreciated. My phone shows them as being there, but they are obviously not there since it didn't take up any storage space on my phone. Sounds silly to some, but I want to use my storage space for music, but how?

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
iSyncr works perfect i use it on my mac both usb and wifi... its available for PC as well. Very simply to use and transfer music
Isyncr did work well for 100 songs. However, It seems like there should be a way to do this without paying for an app. I know it's only $3, and if that's what I have to do I'll do it, but every Android I've had in the past was drag and drop, and I was done within minutes.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Isyncr did work well for 100 songs. However, It seems like there should be a way to do this without paying for an app. I know it's only $3, and if that's what I have to do I'll do it, but every Android I've had in the past was drag and drop, and I was done within minutes.

This "Android" is no different - drag and drop if you want. I don't understand. If you do, at least use a good sync program like GoodSync.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
HELPPPP!!! This quoted post above is my main question. My 6p is my first Nexus phone and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to download my music directly ONTO MY PHONE, not in the cloud. I just transferred 5k+ plus songs into Google Play (which took about 12 hours to upload into the Music Manager, then another 12 hours to "download" into my phone. The problem was that it just put them into the cloud, not in my phone where I want it. I don't download many apps and very very few videos, so the bulk of space used on previous phones has been for music. I've used double twist in the past, but it got glitchy. Maybe it has improved over time. I tried the free Isyncr but that was only 100 songs. So without paying for an app, how do I download the songs that I own into the Nexus 6p? Any help is appreciated. My phone shows them as being there, but they are obviously not there since it didn't take up any storage space on my phone. Sounds silly to some, but I want to use my storage space for music, but how?

If you hit the down arrow in each album or playlist, that downloads music from Play Music onto your phone without streaming from the cloud. So if you "downloaded" them onto your phone after uploading them with Music Manager, they are now on your phone as well as in the cloud (as a backup).

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
If you hit the down arrow in each album or playlist, that downloads music from Play Music onto your phone without streaming from the cloud. So if you "downloaded" them onto your phone after uploading them with Music Manager, they are now on your phone as well as in the cloud (as a backup).

Just an update. I ended up doing as you said. It took probably a total of 12 hours over two days to do it this way, but in the end it did work. Frankly, if the paid iSyncr would have been quicker, it would have been worth the money to do it that way. Oh well, this should be the only time I have to do this for this phone. Thanks for that tip though, as I was reaching a high frustration point. I can't really explain why this particular transfer was more difficult---maybe it's just more songs. Also, one good thing about doing it this way that helped was the fact that I did not have to transfer a lot of songs that my wife had on there which was my goal anyway. Now, the challenge is going to be how do I only use 17gb left of space for the next couple years of phone ownership. LOL

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I backed up all my music, audio files ( ringtones, notifcations, alarm tones) & pictures
between my old Samsung & from my bluetooth capable pc paired with my phone, using Bluetooth It was fast , no cables or driver issues..

Last edited:

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
it was a bluetooth transfer, from my bluetooth enabled PC paired with my phone.

if you have shared network drives you could also access drives over Wifi..

Last edited:

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
So as Many have pointed out there are several ways to transfer files between PC & Phone & phone to phone..

BT - BT
Wifi
and USB to USB C thumbdrive with storage and physical transfer that way

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Play Music works fine for downloading music to the phone. Here's a test. Open Play Music, turn on Airplane mode (make sure WiFi isn't on). Can you play music? It's on your phone.

Barak Yagoda

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
you can use the phone as drive.
the option will be there as you plug your phone pull down on the phone screen you'll see "USB..." or by air there is somthing like that too.
set it to file transfer and you will see it as a drive on your PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781