Task manager clear all option?

tomtomtomtomtom

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Coming from a samsung there's one option i do miss. In task manager is there any way we are able to clear all tasks in task manager at once?
rather than clearing them one by one?

cheers

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Stock Android doesn't offer this.

The theory is that you shouldn't close your most used app as it uses more battery to reopen them than it does to keep them open in the background

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I stopped doing this on my G3 since it was so easy to clear the apps but I stopped doing this.

If its running slow or having issues, reboot and its done.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're worried a particular app or apps are using up resources while in the background, it's better to use Marshmallow's new capability to go to Settings, Apps, then for that particular app turn specific permissions off so it won't cause any issues when left running.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Android intelligently manages this. Even swiping an app away in the multitasking view doesn't completely close it if that app still needs to do backround work to function. If the system needs the memory an app is using, it'll take it, swiping an app away won't affect how android manages resources.

Basically, you don't need to do it.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
since this is not samsung phone slowing up is not something you will have often but maybe once in amonth if that happens just do a reboot.

Stock android manages memory very well that you can use the phone without lag for months

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
basically everything. you can scroll back to a not infinite number, but if I were to go all the way back it'd be something I haven't looked at in a long time. That does not mean the app is running though. If you haven't opened an app in a while, the OS will free the memory it was using when another app needs memory.

Don't think of it as a task manager, because that's not really what it is. It's called the multitasking view, and in reality it is is just a list of things you have opened in chronological order. It has little bearing on whether an app is active or not.

toyanucci

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
basically everything. you can scroll back to a not infinite number, but if I were to go all the way back it'd be something I haven't looked at in a long time. That does not mean the app is running though. If you haven't opened an app in a while, the OS will free the memory it was using when another app needs memory.

Don't think of it as a task manager, because that's not really what it is. It's called the multitasking view, and in reality it is is just a list of things you have opened in chronological order. It has little bearing on whether an app is active or not.
It becomes hard to use it for multitasking when you open it and literally have 60 apps showing in it.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
It becomes hard to use it for multitasking when you open it and literally have 60 apps showing in it.

my personal use case, if it's more than 4 or 5 back in the list it's just faster to get it from the home screen or app drawer anyway. And again, in my usage, generally if I'm flipping back and forth during any one sitting it's mostly between 4 or 5 things anyway.

Also, cannot recommend enough changing the behavior of chrome to not have every chrome tab be a card in that view. that is the dumbest thing, and the first ting I turn off.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Restarting doesn't clear the apps either, they stay there until you manually clear them or until they fall back in line long enough that they drop off the list. That started in either KK or LP IIRC.

Doesn't clear apps but takes care of any issues where something is causing an issue. But I rarely restart due to too many apps. Usually when something is an issue.