Autobrightness issue?

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed thus far that in a partially dark room, the screen when autobrightness is on dims sporadically and gets WAY too dim? Then randomly it'll adjust and get back to a brighter setting?

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to find a phone whose auto-brightness didn't annoy the crap outta me. Unfortunately the nexus 6p is no exception in that regard. I tend to keep auto-brightness off and set the display to ~50%. I'll occasionally have to dim it more in really low light or crank it up when in direct sunlight.

It seems on every phone I've had auto-brightness is way too conservative for my tastes in low or moderate light, so the occasional manual adjustment (especially given how easy it is to get to via the settings pull-down) is worth the effort.

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I really like how dim the phone can get with auto brightness on but I agree it is a bit weird. It is useful for me when I am outside in brighter light but inside I turn it off unless I am trying to read in the dark and need the screen to be really dim.

Posted via the Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to like any auto brightness setup on any device. LG is probably one of the better ones but still hated it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42