Why isn't my charging and fingerpint unlock working?

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Charging and fingerpint unlock not working

Anyone else's fingerprint reader to unlock your phone not working when your phone is charging?

Mine is super quick to unlock when not plugged in. But as soon as its charging, it seems to take extra time or not even recognize my finger when I try to unlock it with it.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Charging and fingerpint unlock not working

I haven't really noticed it but I'll check that out when I plug in tonight. But so far no issues from what I remember when charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site

I have unlocked mines while charging and no problems at all

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Ended up finding an existing thread on another forum with the same issue. Seems to be hit or miss so far, potentially around 64gb Graphite versions which is what I have.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Mine has worked fine so far. I know I've done it while on the charger that came with it, not sure if I've tried it with another charger. I recall having weird issues with the touchscreen on some earlier Android devices when using some 3rd-party chargers, some kind of interference or something.

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Mine has worked fine so far. I know I've done it while on the charger that came with it, not sure if I've tried it with another charger. I recall having weird issues with the touchscreen on some earlier Android devices when using some 3rd-party chargers, some kind of interference or something.

Will try re-enrolling my fingerprints.

So while your phone is charging, unlocking the phone (screen off) with your fingerprint happens just as effortlessly/easy as while its not charging?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Yup. Just tried it with the HooToo charge box I have on my desk at work. It has USB-A outputs so I used the A-C cable that came with the phone. Did several unlocks with each finger I have enrolled (both index fingers) and had no trouble.

Now that I think about it, the touchscreen issues before might have been as much the cable as it was the adapter.

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Yup. Just tried it with the HooToo charge box I have on my desk at work. It has USB-A outputs so I used the A-C cable that came with the phone. Did several unlocks with each finger I have enrolled (both index fingers) and had no trouble.

Now that I think about it, the touchscreen issues before might have been as much the cable as it was the adapter.

Interesting, thanks for testing for me!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Nexus Imprint unreliable while charging

I'm trying to figure out what the deal is here -- the fingerprint sensor on my 6P seems intermittently functional while the phone is charging (OEM C-to-C charger and cable). Sometimes the imprint will register with a delay, sometimes it will fail ('finger moved too fast'), and frequently it doesn't appear to detect the touch at all. The only explanation I can think of is a grounding issue with the phone's metal chassis, though while plausible, it's very much conjecture.

Anyone else?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus Imprint unreliable while charging

I'm trying to figure out what the deal is here -- the fingerprint sensor on my 6P seems intermittently functional while the phone is charging (OEM C-to-C charger and cable). Sometimes the imprint will register with a delay, sometimes it will fail ('finger moved too fast'), and frequently it doesn't appear to detect the touch at all. The only explanation I can think of is a grounding issue with the phone's metal chassis, though while plausible, it's very much conjecture.

Anyone else?

Hmm never really had that issue. The only weird thing with the fingerprint reader I had happen was, it buzzed once, accepting my fingerprint, and the little print at the bottom of the screen turned into a circle, and the phone didn't unlock. Hitting the power button turned the screen off, and it opened after I did it again.

rk235

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

I also noticed same thing with my 6p ...it only happened once and I couldn't replicate the issue again

monsterenergy22

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus Imprint unreliable while charging

Anyone else?
The fingerprint unlock only works when charging from my PC with the A-C cable.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Mine works fine.

However alot phones act a little weird when they are charging. Maybe try doing a restart . sometimes even going on the internet won't work while a phone is charging.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Mine works fast regardless of charging or not. That is definitely an odd issue. Maybe a FDR would help? Not sure.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

This started happening to me last night while charging. Sometimes it worked, other times it just brought up the pin entry screen. Couldn't figure out what might be causing it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is dozing (sitting unmoved for 30 minutes or more), you may have to ensure that it is awake before trying the scanner. Pick up the phone and rotate it at least 90 degrees (from laying flat to standing upright, for example) and wait a second for the ambient screen to come alive. Now try the fingerprint scanner.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is dozing (sitting unmoved for 30 minutes or more), you may have to ensure that it is awake before trying the scanner. Pick up the phone and rotate it at least 90 degrees (from laying flat to standing upright, for example) and wait a second for the ambient screen to come alive. Now try the fingerprint scanner.

Not a problem while charging (the original question related to the fingerprint reader while charging) as Doze is inactive while plugged in.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

I have this issue as well - for some weird reason it is guaranteed to register (with a delay) if I use my index fingers - middle fingers don't work when charging. I've got a feeling it's something to do with a grounding issue and the sensor as it works perfectly when I unplug it. Maybe it's how the sensor works?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21