Volume changes while asleep

elfrocampeador

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've just noticed today that I'm somehow inadvertently changing volume when my 6P is in my pocket. Is there perhaps a setting or something to disable the volume rocker when asleep?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've just noticed today that I'm somehow inadvertently changing volume when my 6P is in my pocket. Is there perhaps a setting or something to disable the volume rocker when asleep?

Your pants are too tight. :)

I'm not aware of any way to fix this. You might be able to find a music player that allows you to configure the buttons, but more than likely it will offer to change the buttons from volume up/down to previous/next track - and that won't help at all.

Other choice is to root the phone and install a custom mod.

Are you using a case? Which one?

elfrocampeador

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I've ordered a Ringke Fusion, but it has not arrived yet. Carrying the thing in my pocket is also a temporary measure until I can find a suitable holster/belt clip case (unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much commentary on such).

To clarify in case it matters: Its the phone's main volume changing, without a music player active or anything like that. I generally keep my phone on vibrate while at work, but it keeps going into non-muted mode or do not disturb mode. This seems like a strange and un-intuitive change to make between versions.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If my screen is off I can't adjust the volume. What are you doing different?

Posted via the Android Central App

elfrocampeador

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If my screen is off I can't adjust the volume. What are you doing different?

How very strange. To test, I'm just turning on the screen (not even unlocking) to verify that the phone is on vibrate, then I turn it back off, wait a couple seconds, then press volume up. I turn the screen back on and verify that the phone is no longer on vibrate (by the absence of the vibrate indicator icon thingy).

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
How very strange. To test, I'm just turning on the screen (not even unlocking) to verify that the phone is on vibrate, then I turn it back off, wait a couple seconds, then press volume up. I turn the screen back on and verify that the phone is no longer on vibrate (by the absence of the vibrate indicator icon thingy).

Sounds like something is keeping your phone from locking. Keep us posted on what you find. I'm really curious about this.

nik.taylor

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue, it's driving me nuts. I think what happens is the power button gets knocked, then the voume key is pressed. As power and volume up are next to each other i assume something presses against them both and the volume shoots to the top. I just installed "Volume Locker" which is meant to set the volume back if this happens. Hoping it works.

On top of that, i often have the phone just turn itself on. Just today my android wear showed me a shutter button for the camera. As if by magic, the camera was launched on my phone. That could be a double press of the power button, but i's also been on Google Now and other apps when i've pulled it out of my pocket.

AdCoelum

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Starting today, my 6P is altering my notification volume settings. I keep setting it to vibrate, but it keeps returning it to a low-volume notification sound.

It's not in my pocket--it's sitting on my desk next to me.

AdCoelum

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
It might be a 3rd party app that's causing this. I cleared my app cache and haven't experienced it again yet.

Another forum suggested wiping the cache partition, but I haven't gone that far yet.