Nexus 6p pink screen issues

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I received my Nexus 6p Monday and so far Ive been noticing a pink tint at lower levels of brightness similar to how the Nexus 6 was. It is not as bad as the Nexus 6, but it is noticeable. I want to see if this is a widespread issue or isolated so I can return for another unit if mine is defective. Anyone experiencing this as well?

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
This is a well known issue and you need to RMA it.

You can google things like "Pink hue" and "Pink tint" for nexus 6p

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
In my experience, viewing an AMOLED from an extreme angle can show hue's, usually pink. On the other hand, if you are looking at the phone head-on, and on an even color background you see portions of the screen significantly more pink or yellow than the others (those are the most common issues), then you probably have a defective screen. Google "Galaxy S6 screen tint" and you will see this is not uncommon. I have also heard the screen adhesive can cause these tints, and takes a few weeks to burn off, but I'm not sure how one would confirm that.

I also have read that the screens that get cut closer to the edge of the presumably giant OLED wafer to make all the phone screens have worse performance. Again, just something I have read, not sure how much truth there is to that.

I do know that as soon as I get my 6P, the first thing I am going to do is check my screen on white an light grey backgrounds, and if there is any significant uneven tint, it's going back because I am extremely sensitive to that sort of thing, and it's not something you can "unsee". Use google images to search for an 18% grey solid image, and it should be pretty noticeable. The WhatsApp standard chat background and anything pure white is also good for testing.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
ok thanks guys. Its not as noticeable as nexus 6 but I notice it alot more when Im comparing it to other screens specifically the note 5 that I have. It looks pink at low brightness and its supposed to be same panel. Im debating if I should return for another or keep. Also its 32gb graphite version

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It is not an issue. If you don't want to see pink turn off adaptive brightness or turn up your screen brightness (both do the same thing). Some of us like the ability for the screen to get very dark in a dark room for reading. Please don't ruin this feature for those that enjoy it.

That is what happened with the Nexus 6 which also used to get really dim and then everyone complained about the pink tint at low brightness and Google released a software update that just prevented the phone from getting dim enough to read comfortably in a dark room.

Posted via the Android Central App

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Returned my first one because it had a pink color cast in the lower right corner. The second one also has slightly pink areas in the middle of the screen, only showing on white or gray backgrounds. Not as bad as the first one, so I'll keep it - but it isn't exactly nice for a 700$ (European price) phone.

Turning on sRGB mode or disabling adaptive brightness did absolutely nothing.

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a similar pink hue issue but I'm finding it hard to conclusively 'test' this.

I installed "Display Tester" but am just not able to figure out the best way to test this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie