Google Fi vs Att/Verizon

jimhuntphoto

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys. While I await the 6p to come in today, I am wondering if Fi is the best choice or not. I have the 30gb plan with att right now on my note 4. I use every bit of that. I live in a somewhat rural area. At best I get 2 bars from att. I was thinking about sticking with them or verizon but does Fi even offer a 30gb plan? I can't find anything on that.

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Fi does not have plans....you pay for only what you use. If you in fact use 30GB each month that will be very costly on Fi. $20 base rate + $10/per gig is what you will pay on Project Fi

Adam Ziarnik

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
If you're using that much data, then Fi is probably not a good idea for you. You would be paying $320/month for the same service you're getting from AT&T now.

Fi is really good for saving money if you only use a couple gb/month, but their data rate is a straight $10/gb regardless of how much you plan to use. I've got the same 30gb plan from AT&T, shared between 3 phones, and while I'm interested in Fi, switching to it would cause us to have to seriously scale back our data usage. For now I'm sticking with AT&T.

jimhuntphoto

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
30G is a huge amount of mobile data, don't you have access to FIOS or cable?

Nope. We have DSL and the best speed out of that is 3mb down, less than 1up. The wife uses that for work and she works out of the home office so when I am at home I have to use my hotspot.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you are in the middle of nowhere which means FI will be useless to you. Project FI uses T-Mobile and Sprint, two networks with no reach, the chances that either one of them will have coverage where you live are very slim. AT&T and Verizon are your only choices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx