Front facing speaker volume low?

Marlon Turner

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone that has a 6p do you notice that the volume on the front facing speakers is a little low? I have a Moto X Pure and the speakers are much better. The reviews I have seen say the speakers on the 6p are just as good or better than the Moto X. I can have the volume about a quarter of the way up and I can almost not hear anything.

chrisexv6

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine seemed loud enough, although I dont really listen to just the front speakers.

They are a bit uneven though, that seems to be a pretty prevalant issue. Top speaker seemed louder than bottom.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
One thing I have noticed with every cell phone I have ever used is it depends a lot on the source. I usually go to ZEDGE for my ringtones and notification sounds, because I can find some that are literally twice as loud as anything that comes with the phone, all else being equal. With music or video, I find streaming the content never plays as loud as if the content is local. Also make sure you have the correct slider at max volume (eg. media for music/movies or ringtone/notification for those two). If you can barely hear it and you are 100% sure it's at max volume, try some other sources and notification sounds. If you can still barely hear it, maybe your device is defective.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Last night playing some games the front speakers are very loud. The headphone output is another story altogether

I wonder if headphone output varies from unit-to-unit. MobileSyrup has their review up and this is what Dan Bader had to say:

Huawei also outfitted the Nexus 6P with a powerful amplifier, which was able to push my relatively low 16 ohm RHA T10i in-ear monitor headphones to their fullest. Sound quality from the headpiece was great for phone calls, too, though my testing was limited in that regard.

That being said I have read on here from a few people now that they were disappointed in that regard, so I wonder if there are just some defective phones floating around.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if headphone output varies from unit-to-unit. MobileSyrup has their review up and this is what Dan Bader had to say:

Huawei also outfitted the Nexus 6P with a powerful amplifier, which was able to push my relatively low 16 ohm RHA T10i in-ear monitor headphones to their fullest. Sound quality from the headpiece was great for phone calls, too, though my testing was limited in that regard.

That being said I have read on here from a few people now that they were disappointed in that regard, so I wonder if there are just some defective phones floating around.

The 6p has a maximum output of 78.4 dB for the speakers and for the headphone jack it maxes out with a power output of 0.34 V.

Numbers don't lie, but your eardrums do. Not everyone hears the same way so its best to trust the numbers in this regard. Bottom line is the headphone jack output is very weak compared to other flagships.

Marlon Turner

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Trying to determine if its just me or if I'm just use to the great Moto X speakers. And I have noticed that is does depend on what I am watching or listening to and from where. I don't want to return it for no reason.

alex800

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Trying to determine if its just me or if I'm just use to the great Moto X speakers. And I have noticed that is does depend on what I am watching or listening to and from where. I don't want to return it for no reason.

I have my 6p for only one day but I did notice the speakers are not loud enough for me while playing any media(Youtube or online Radio). I have to keep my 6p right in my face when watching youtube. Maybe it is defective.

Last edited:

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have my 6p for only one day but I did notice the speakers are not loud enough for me while playing any media(Youtube or online Radio). I have to keep my 6p right in my face when watching youtube. Maybe it is defective.

Is that with the volume at MAX? Mine is VERY loud when I crank it up!

kirbwrx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My G4 at 1/4 volume level is louder than my 6p at 3/4 level, its also much crisper and clearer.

Posted via the Android Central App

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the volume on my 6p doesn't get loud until its about 75 percent. Then from 75 to 100 it gets exponentially loud each notch.

I think the speakers on the moto x pure edition are fuller. I'm personally trying to decide between the two devices and it is a damn tough call. I've gone back a forth for 3 days now.

Posted via the Android Central App

archermoo

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Just as another data point, my speakers seem to be sufficiently loud, with smooth increases over the whole volume range. The two speakers also seem to be equally loud.

randp1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a moto x pure edition myself and the speakers are way better than the 6p, but the 6p is good enough for what I use my phone for.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine have equal sound between the top and bottom speakers, and are fairly loud. Headphones are plenty loud for me, I tested two different ones -- both headphones. I have some Sony over the ear headphones (no in-line controls) -- the sound seems quite good and more than loud enough for me. I also have some on the ear headphones (brand escapes me) with in-line volume and pause/play controls that sound good and a bit louder than the Sony headphones.

I've heard that some people have had issues with one speaker on the phone being louder than the other, and others that have had issues with headphones that have in-line controls. My suggestion, if you have either of these issues, is to replace you phone and get one that works properly.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The 6p has a maximum output of 78.4 dB for the speakers and for the headphone jack it maxes out with a power output of 0.34 V.

Numbers don't lie, but your eardrums do. Not everyone hears the same way so its best to trust the numbers in this regard. Bottom line is the headphone jack output is very weak compared to other flagships.

Headsets don't lie either. I have 3 different wired headsets and loudness varies in each of them. In one headset I have to turn down the volume because it's too loud plugged into my 6P and in another headset the sound is weak at the top volume level.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad