Nova Prime, does it work with OK Google?

jimhuntphoto

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I just tried the regular Nova and it did not work unless I am doing something wrong. If you have Nove Prime as your launcher and say OK Google, does it work? Thanks.

jmh625

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes. You are able to keep search bar at top of your home screen. Google will still be your search engine.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have not tried it yet, but did you go into Nova Settings > Gestures & inputs enable it... it also says you have to Enable Google Search Settings > Voice > Ok Google Detection... did you do those?

Eric Aiello

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm having an issue using Nova Prime where upon using the OK Google phrase I'm brought directly to Google Now instead of activating the voice search. Anyone else having that issue?

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Was having this issue as well earlier, but it seems to be okay now. I didn't do anything, and don't remember updating Google today, but between 2 phones and a tablet it's so hard to keep track of all the updates. 5.5.29.19 is the version I'm on right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

vomhorizon

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I had another thread about this. Apparently on Marshmallow running the NOVA launcher, OK google on the home screen takes you to google now and you have to say ok google once again to search. Screen oFF and when using an app or browser OK google still searches though.

kbex

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
It's not doing that for me...I'm using Nova (Prime) and OK Google has been working fine both from the home screen and with the screen off. Nova Settings -> Gestures and Input -> Enable "OK Google Hotword"

Michael Tung

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Getting the same issues as you guys. When I turn off now on tap, its fine. But when I turn it on, I get that same bug (saying okay Google leads to the Google app and not 'listening' mode ) any fix?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Getting the same issues as you guys. When I turn off now on tap, its fine. But when I turn it on, I get that same bug (saying okay Google leads to the Google app and not 'listening' mode ) any fix?

Suggestion: If this is still an issue after getting the latest Nova update, then I'd report this to the Nova developers and see what they say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers